Where is The Voice from?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
benjohn

Where is The Voice from?

Post by benjohn »

:-) Just for fun, how about a sweep stake on where The Voice comes from, and where she lives now?

Cast your votes with a reply!
Tan

Re: Where is The Voice from?

Post by Tan »

I think Dorset!
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I think she's Australian originally and now lives in Bristol!
Toilet Duck

Post by Toilet Duck »

I have pondered this endlessly while out on runs, sometimes she sounds (to me at least) like she's got a slightly west country accent, then other times she sounds slightly Australian. Then occasionally I just think its Hatty Hayridge being slightly less deadpan in comparison to when she was playing Holly in Red Dwarf.

More annoying is the fact that when I was on week 1 she seemed quite friendly and very encouraging. As I've progressed, and now at the end of week 4 she seems to be much less encouraging, and now she's become slightly sarcastic. The original "you've got 10 seconds to go" was much nicer than now hearing "You've got 45 seconds to run". Some times I almost hate her, sometimes I love her.

I guess you could say I have a complex relationship with her!

I'd love to know her name, if only to have a name for the small ball of fury i feel each time I'm told "You've still got (insert appropriate time length) to run"
niddynoddy

Post by niddynoddy »

I hate the bit when she says "well done you can stop running and walk again ....... In 10 seconds". It catches me out everytime.

Zoe
shytalkz

Post by shytalkz »

@toilet duck: she's still doing the ten second thing in week 5, as well as 45s. Have you been rude to her?!

I reckon she originates from the west country but not as far as Dorset I wouldn't think. There is the occasional burr, but she probably went to boarding school as her accent has become more of an amalgam of southern accents. Currently residing somewhere in the south of England, more Home Counties. Definitely south side of the vineyard. :D
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Maybe we need to revisit a few of the timings for the runs in later weeks?
fivereaders

Post by fivereaders »

I figured she's from Australia, but I'm an american, so what do I know! :-) I kind of miss her now that I'm in week nine and she only speaks every ten minutes.....
kishe_lily

Post by kishe_lily »

niddynoddy wrote:I hate the bit when she says "well done you can stop running and walk again ....... In 10 seconds". It catches me out everytime.
Welcome to the world of my runs :)
Feelo

Post by Feelo »

I'm Australian and she doesn't sound Aussie to me! English I'd say!