Week 9 here I come

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
cks123

Week 9 here I come

Post by cks123 »

I start week 9 tomorrow I cant believe I have got this far
I feel great never be able to run far But now I can run
What happens after week 9 ?
Have put my name down for the Coventry fun run can't wait it's only 3 1/2 miles but next year I think I will be doing a lot more
Stephlperry76

Re: Week 9 here I come

Post by Stephlperry76 »

I'm on W9R2! I'm also very sad that this program is coming to the end! I'm going to keep running 30 minutes 3x a week. Then I'm going to spend one day a week working on increasing my pace. I found this website that gives a good schedule.

http://www.runningplanet.com/training/5 ... ssive.html
cks123

Post by cks123 »

Thank you I will have a look
missmolly58

Post by missmolly58 »

:D I did Day 1 week 9 this morning. Not fast-- more like a jogging tortoise! But I did--30 minutes with NO walking. Can't believe how far I've come with this program. Good luck to everyone!!! Just keep plugging away!

Darlene
missmolly58

Post by missmolly58 »

:D just did day 2 of week 9. About the same pace as day 1. And I wanted to stop and walk many times but I kept running. Only 1 more session with this App. Can't believe it!!! Guess I'll have to figure out what to do now. Thought I'd at least do another week of the 30 minutes and then up it to 32 minutes for three times. Running for 30 minutes is hard! After a week of 32 minutes I'll see how I feel and then go up to 35 minutes. I'm thinking I'll add in some days of 20 minute runs here and there too. I don't want to hurt myself but I feel like I should try and run more days. Well see how it goes. Best of luck to everyone!

Darlene
Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

starting week 9 monday and still can't believe it!
missmolly58

Post by missmolly58 »

:D well I did it--finished week 9 day 3 just a little while ago!!! I FINISHED THE PROGRAM!!!! Can't believe it. And now I'm a little sad :( . Hang in there everyone. You can do it. If I can do it, anyone can!!!
Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

Congrats Missmolly! Good job. I just finished week 9 run 1 and it was great. It's gonna be hard finishing this programe. Will also miss this forum.
Keep running everyone.
Mandy123

Post by Mandy123 »

I know what you could do get a half marathon app whole new challenge!
FBrun

Post by FBrun »

Just finished week 8 and wondering what to do next myself. Probably I will push on until I can do a full 5K evey time.

I have been using the Runmeter app, which runs in the background alongside Get Running - you can set this to announce your progress every few minutes, and it tells you how many minutes run, how far, how far to go, what your pace is (minutes per km), etc, with a selectable voice :)

Quite motivating and more flexible if you are running various distances after week 9 - it has lots of other features such as GPS to show where you've run, and can tell you if you are ahead or behind your best/average/worst time on the same route. Unlike some other apps it doesn't require special kit (Nike+) or a website (Runkeeper etc) though it can upload to Dailymile, send tweets, etc.

http://www.abvio.com/runmeter/