My 20 min run

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Bobzoe

My 20 min run

Post by Bobzoe »

Later this morning I do the 20 min run I must say I'm very nervous I really want to do this, I can't believe I'm contemplating 20 mins run when I think back to January the 1st when I left to go on a WALK and huffed and puffed for 15 mins couldn't wait to get back indoors . This is the best App ever and I'm so delighted I came upon it. Wish me luck everyone ...
JAB

Re: My 20 min run

Post by JAB »

How did you get on? I'm a week behind you just did week 4 run 1. Also worried about the 20 mins but so far so good.
Lornapeachey

Post by Lornapeachey »

I too have just done run 2 of week 5 that was a massive leap for me running 8 mins can't believe it's such a big leap to 20 next run x
Bobzoe

Post by Bobzoe »

I completed the 20 min run and was on cloud 9 for the day , it was typical Irish weather wet and windy but I was glad of that rain near the end , I was on the last 5 min run and feeling like giving up when I heard Claire say I was on the last 60 seconds run boy was I delighted to hear that lady say that , i'v since ran the 5 8 5 successfully i'v the 10 min run to do tomorrow then it's 25 mins after that so anyone who has the 20 min run looming you can do it it's mind over matter . Good Luck to All
Shuffler

Post by Shuffler »

Well done! Since I'm still struggling with five minutes in Week 4, that seems unthinkable to me.
Bobzoe

Post by Bobzoe »

I just finished wk 6 run 2 , it was 10 mins run with 3 mins walking now I found this tough going I did the 20 min run 5 days ago and I didn't find that as tough , I think I went out thinking I already ran 20 mins so this will be a dawdle how wrong was I do have a sore throat so maybe that had something to do with it , how is everyone else doing , has anyone else had probs , my nx run ie 25 mins I better gear myself for that one . Good luck to everyone ..
SSMRuns

Post by SSMRuns »

I had the same trouble - ran the 20 min run and then had trouble with the 2x10 minute runs - took me a couple of attempts to get through it.

I have been working away at the 25 minute run, but finally decided to deviate slightly from the program...I was having too much trouble jumping from 10 minutes to 25 minutes. After a few unsuccessful attempts what I did was go in increments of 2 1/2 minutes, from 15 minutes to 17 1/2, to 20....and then today was supposed to be 22 1/2 but I was able to do the whole 25. Whoooo.

I even have a sore throat and stuffy head....read an article that working out is actually supposed to be good for you when you are ill (only if it is from the neck up, once it gets into your chest you are supposed to stop working out until you are better)

Needless to say just attempting to run today was a win for me - the old me would have curled into bed and not thought of exercise!! But completing the 25 minute run makes me jump for joy!!!

Keep at it, you are doing well and while I LOVE this program, people have to find out what works for them and make the small changes as they need to - whether re-running days or full weeks, changing things up, whatever! Good Luck
Bobzoe

Post by Bobzoe »

Thank you SSMRUNS for encouragement and advice I still have the sore throat so it's gd to know that exercise will help , I will set out in morning to complete the 25 and see how I do . That sounds like a plan what you have done so I will keep this in mind , good luck I will post how I got on !!
Bobzoe

Post by Bobzoe »

Congratulations to you on completing the 25 mins Well done to you for persevering and finding your solution ...