Just earned my yellow laces!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Ian

Just earned my yellow laces!

Post by Ian »

I'm so happy. When I got my running shoes they came with two sets of laces. One of them was bright yellow. I felt so self conscious starting out that I wouldn't put the yellow laces near my shoes. I made a deal with myself. . . If I run 5k in 30 mins or less I get to wear the yellow laces because I'll be a runner and proud of it rather than hoping nobody would see me.

Today I ran a sub 30 min 5k. I'm off to put on my yellow laces now and I haven't even finished the program. Thank you get running.
matt

Re: Just earned my yellow laces!

Post by matt »

That's fab. I love the idea of flashy yellow laces as a reward :)
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Gareth111278

Post by Gareth111278 »

Maybe we can get this into running protocol, if you have yellow laces you can run 5K in 30 mins?

i'm off to buy a load of yellow laces to put on E-bay!
;)

Edit :- Sorry , Well Done !! :D
JAB

Post by JAB »

Love this idea. Just completed week 4 so still some wy to go but I think I'll do something similar !

Very well done by the way!

J.
Gareth111278

Post by Gareth111278 »

I'm going to buy some Yellow laces if I can find some.

i too have just started week 4 , really enjoying it now, want to run everyday but I'm going to stick to the program.

Edit:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370445368705? ... 1497.l2649

I've just got these, mostly because they state the sizes, I need 140cm [they also have 100cm]
Ian

Post by Ian »

Lmao. Seeing those yellow laces on the shelf every day was certainly motivating for me though. I hope you make your fortune on them on eBay Gareth. I wonder what colour you get for 10 k? Thanks all for the support! I'll be looking out for other people wearing yellow laces everywhere I go now and wondering if they are 5k runners too.
Gareth111278

Post by Gareth111278 »

Just to be clear, i'm NOT selling laces on E-bay!!

Its a motivation though to have them ready to put in :D

What about RED for 10K , BLUE for Half Marathon & PURPLE for Marathon? Other distances could be slotted in as you wish!
Gareth111278

Post by Gareth111278 »

Just got my YELLOW LACES!!

Five K in 30 mins :D Week 9 run 2 , one more run then I'll have to think of something else!
Becca

Post by Becca »

Ian wrote:I'm so happy. When I got my running shoes they came with two sets of laces. One of them was bright yellow. I felt so self conscious starting out that I wouldn't put the yellow laces near my shoes. I made a deal with myself. . . If I run 5k in 30 mins or less I get to wear the yellow laces because I'll be a runner and proud of it rather than hoping nobody would see me.

Today I ran a sub 30 min 5k. I'm off to put on my yellow laces now and I haven't even finished the program. Thank you get running.
Wow I love this, well done to you xx
Iv just started & may have to aim for my yellow laces too lol
What a wonderful idea xx Becca
Mrswilkinson07

Post by Mrswilkinson07 »

Mine are bright yellow. I love them. Put them on day one.