Exercise on alternate days?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
mamajenny

Exercise on alternate days?

Post by mamajenny »

Does anyone do any? I know we are supposed to give our leg muscles a rest, but what about something different, like yoga? Would that be okay?
benjohn

Re: Exercise on alternate days?

Post by benjohn »

Definitely, there's no problem with doing another exercise between runs, but ideally something that exercises different muscles. I think Yoga would be good. Swimming is also a very good complement to running.

Do try to have one complete rest day each week though.
mamajenny

Post by mamajenny »

Thanks for the reply. At this point I'm sticking to just running, but as I gain more stamina would like to do something more active every day (but one day of just rest sounds good too!)

Thanks again. Just did w2r1 today :)
NervousNewbie

Post by NervousNewbie »

Well my other half was given one of those little fitness tramplines and, as it was free, he accepted thinking it would be good for our toddler to play on.

It's currently in my home office and I've been having a bit of a bounce! I did my first run yesterday and my legs hurt a bit today so I don't want to overdo the leg excercises! It's quite good though.