20 minutes!!! Oh lord help me!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
shjones288

20 minutes!!! Oh lord help me!

Post by shjones288 »

Ok, I have thought about this run all day! 20 minutes!!! Ahhh!!! So to gear my self up for it I read others post. It is very encouraging and if I get through it I plan on having a rocky moment when I finish. I'm so not kidding!! I love this app and feel great that I can run for a minute ( I know when I first started I laughed at a minute till I did it!) without dying. So, wish me luck and listen for my shouts of victory when I'm done!!!
TheDogAteMyName

Re: 20 minutes!!! Oh lord help me!

Post by TheDogAteMyName »

You can do this! Update us with how it went!
shjones288

Post by shjones288 »

So, no Rocky Moment tonight :( ran ten minutes and had to walk for a bit. But tomorow, tommorrow is the day! I'm tackling this b@&ch and taking it down!! Hahaha(insert meniacal laugh)
missmolly58

Post by missmolly58 »

Walking a little is ok. You can do it! At your own pace and time! :D Keep at it!
meggie t

Post by meggie t »

shjones, I hope you are able to do the 20 min soon! I am on W5 as well. My 20 min run will be on Saturday. Ugh. But tomorrow is R2, so we shall see how the 8 min goes first!
meggie t

Post by meggie t »

Well, I did W5R2. The last 3-4 min were really strenuous but I did it. I really can't imagine doing the 20 min on Saturday. It is scaring me! But, I will try and hopefully succeed. My breathing is still not where I want it to be, but hopefully it will fall into place one day.

shjones, did you get to finish the 20 min? I hope so!
Cheryl97

Post by Cheryl97 »

Good luck!
Pushingit

Post by Pushingit »

Just take your run 5mins at a time - tell yourself you'll just 10 and then see how you go and you may as well do the next five and then there's only 5 left - that's what I did, you sort of fool yourself into doing it - it worked for me because I've done wk 9 run 2 today and voluntarily jogged an extra 5 mins because I felt like i could - this from the girl that nearly had an oxygen mask on standby doing wk 1 - you can do it
meggie t

Post by meggie t »

Thanks, Pushingit! I am leaving shortly for my run. I usually go first thing in the AM but I decided I wasn't going to go today. But then I felt guilty. So now I am going! I will post when I return!
AimeeA

Post by AimeeA »

How did you do? I did my 20 min run tonight too. I can't quite believe I managed it, feel great!!! :D