Graduation - here I come

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Pushingit

Graduation - here I come

Post by Pushingit »

1 more run and I will have completed the programme - I can't believe I have come this far - from gasping after a 1 minute jog to doing 35 mins non stop - I am very proud of myself. Thank you get running for this app - I could not have done it without you - I'm going to keep repeating the last week and work on increasing my speed/distance and maybe even try a 5k race when I'm fairly confident I can do it - I cannot praise this app enough - to anyone thinking about starting - just go for it you'll be amazed what you can do bit by bit
Ian

Re: Graduation - here I come

Post by Ian »

Right behind ya pushing it! 3 left for me. Bridge 2 10k anyone?
TheDogAteMyName

Post by TheDogAteMyName »

Congratulations! I'm down to 4 runs and I'm with you...I never would've imagined it!
Pushingit

Post by Pushingit »

I've done it - I have completed the programme - it must be the first exercise programme I've stuck to in my life - the question is now what?

I think I'll aim to do 5K more comfortably or get a bit further in 30 mins and then take it out onto the road - I've had it a bit soft by jogging on my treadmill all the way through it - I drove around to map out a 5k route for myself and I can't believe how long 5K is on the open road.

By September I'm hoping to do an official 5K run - out in the open with a start & finish line and people watching and everything!

I think my next trip though is to a proper shop to get some proper running shoes before I hit the tarmac

Good luck everyone - there's no stopping us now
NeilHughes1

Post by NeilHughes1 »

Excellent, you are an inspiration to us all, I am on week 5 approaching the dreaded 20 minute run but reading how people such as yourself have completed the program really spurs me on.
Mandy123

Post by Mandy123 »

Good job!