Feeling good started today any one ealse what's your drive??

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Sharshar29

Feeling good started today any one ealse what's your drive??

Post by Sharshar29 »

Hi guys hope ur all good Feeling real good and on form but really want to keep it up. And be consistent what keeps you guys going ?? And is there any think you do along side example: yoga ,weights ect ...
dulcie101

Re: Feeling good started today any one ealse what's your dri

Post by dulcie101 »

today was my 1st run and I completed the whole lesson. I was a tired but the frequent prompts encouraged me to keep going and when I got past the half way point I got a second wind and some pride! I am hoping that I will walk on the down days but I don't know about tomorrow. Keeping my eye on the skinny shorts.
Mandy123

Post by Mandy123 »

I just started w2 but I was there I like to have music that inspires me and alongside I do the app daily workout it has a picture of stick people exercising on the app picture
Sharshar29

Post by Sharshar29 »

Hey mandy and dulcie thanks for your replying it was great doing my first run I to experienced that feeling of pride yay felt frecking fantastic ...... But Friday run went out the window booooo felt gutted but determined not to beat myself up back on form later today this morning has been positive with a spot of yoga :D Mandy I'll look that up sounds good and hopefully when the sun comes out again there will be a pair of slim snug shorts with my name on it hahahaha
Mandy123

Post by Mandy123 »

Have fun trying out the app you'll like it! Good luck!!!
TheDogAteMyName

Post by TheDogAteMyName »

What drives me...to get a healthier heart. On the vain side the difference I see in my body. The pounds haven't fallen off but my shape has changed. My calves actually have definition. Running is a great stress reliever and it makes you know you can conquer a lot with mental toughness. I could go on and on.
Loobyla

Post by Loobyla »

I've lost about 20lbs over the last 6 months but still have another 20lbs or so to lose - I've done it by cutting down and changing the way I eat but I've not been very good about dong consistent exercise. Also, I have a health check thing in a few weeks and apparently I will have to do a 3 minute run - currently I can't do that hence signing up for Get Running! Having read up on weightloss I've realised that not all the weight I've lost will be fat - some will be muscle so that's really motivated me to get going with regular exercise - I want to be healthy not thin! (Not that I'm thin - a while to go before I manage that I think ;) )
Schindlerk

Post by Schindlerk »

First run today since falling out of shape years ago. Nervous when starting, but prompts were great. Loved that I did not have to keep looking down at a stopwatch. Motivation is getting back to being fit enough to participate in recreational sports without having to huff and puff or spend four days recovering. How fun was that!! I WILL GET THERE.
andyd12003

Post by andyd12003 »

I have just completed run 3 of week 1. My motivation, is that i am getting married in december, so dont want to look so over weight in my wedding day photos! I have lost over 2 stone so far. My second movtivation is that I have signed up to a 5k run in July, If i stick to the program i should be up to the distance by early June, so hopefully will be ok, but it is something to keep me going.
I have also joined a local gym, which I get some great workouts at, they do circut training etc, which I find far better than just going to the gym by myself.
I am actually going away this weekend, so will probably repeat the last run of week 1, before heading into week 2.
Good luck everyone.