Running Gear

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
NeilHughes1

Running Gear

Post by NeilHughes1 »

So far I am running in pair of Saucony Pro Grid Ignition 2 Running Trainers, Ron Hill Tracksters (with handy front pocket for iphone) and X-Cellerate Stamina Mens Full Zip Hooded Running Top.

As I begin week 6 where 25 minute runs become the norm and the hot summer sun is on the horizon, maybe I might have to invest in a decent pair of running shorts and maybe even a vest.

Call me old fashioned but the thought of going out like this makes me feel a bit of a plonker, especially because many of the shorts look a little short if you know what I mean and don't want to hit the streets looking like Alan Partridge.

So can anyone advise on a decent pair of running shorts and vest top for the more modest runner? ;)
TheDogAteMyName

Re: Running Gear

Post by TheDogAteMyName »

Love the pic! I am not a man but I do know that Adidas, Nike, Reebok, Under Armour, and many other brands have longer style shorts. I live in the US and when I went to Dicks Sporting Goods I saw a lot of modest mens running shorts. I saw a lot in the soccer section as well. They could definitely be used for running. I do see male runners out in the shorter style shorts so I'm sure they serve a purpose. When you speak of a running vest are you talking about the safety vest? If so I have a New Balance safety vest that gets the job done and it is adjustable with straps at the sides. I have the Saucony shoes and I love them!

Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for!
Mandy123

Re: Running Gear

Post by Mandy123 »

I would suggest biking pants!