Am I really going to be a runner?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Lozzie84

Am I really going to be a runner?

Post by Lozzie84 »

Tommorrow is week 2 run 1!
But I must say and I know it's to early to say, I can't ever see me running for 30mins!
I'm so keen to learn, but I just find it painful trying!
Anyone nearly there but felt like me?
SSMRuns

Re: Am I really going to be a runner?

Post by SSMRuns »

Well I finished the program this week...and got up this morning and ran for 30 minutes without even thinking about it. So ya, you will be a runner. I ran a couple of runs or weeks twice, but I got there....and so w ill you. Good luck and enjoy!
starknut

Post by starknut »

I couldn't see myself running for 20 minutes, much less 30. And now I'm out running for 45 minutes at a time! You will finish the program, too, and be so amazed at your progress.
scoggy

Post by scoggy »

Weird isn't it. I now find the main issue is finding interesting routes, and find I barely think about the running. Not saying this to sound smug, but to add weight to the view that it can be done and you can amaze yourself.
Goshmac

Post by Goshmac »

In February, I was struggling to complete week 1. Now I am running 25-30 min 5 times a week and enjoy it. My personal advice - buy heart monitor device and monitor it. You will see how it is going down and how it effects your ability to run longer.