Week One Run One!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Krb

Week One Run One!

Post by Krb »

As the big 4 0 is rapidly approaching I've decided to stop whining about my ever expanding waistline and to face it head on!
I've never been able to run and at school hated cross country but am sure with the help of this app and forum I will get to grips with it!
I completed my first run this morning and although the thought of running for more than a minute fills me with dread I am determined to give it a go!
So here's to my Run Two - wish me luck :)
keeleyboo

Re: Week One Run One!

Post by keeleyboo »

Good Luck! I just started this morning and excited for Friday's run. I love that the program tells me what to do and I can listen to my own music at the same time on my Ipod Touch.
Clare

Post by Clare »

Hi there, I was going to start a new thread but I saw yours and had to reply. I'm also rapidly approaching 40 (next Jan) and I did my first ever run on Tuesday! I'm heading out for my second this evening. I've been doing a bit if walking in the meantime and I have to say my ankles are quite sore - is that something you've found? Mind you I'm very overweight so they're carrying a heavy load! When are you doing you're next run?
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Hi Clare,

Very well done on starting!

"A bit sore" is probably fine. Keep them in mind though, and don't run through pain. Did you get a pair of suitable shoes? It's really important!
canadaam

Post by canadaam »

Hello There,

I just started my first run yesterday. I did well. The run was easy... but boy am I sore today!! The pain is making me dread my run tomorrow, but I'm determined to finish the entire program. My husband is in the military and so he has to stay fit. He is very physically active and want to put the effort try to share in something he enjoys! Best of luck- to all of us! :D
Likeacat

Post by Likeacat »

Hello to all.
I am 48 and I just finished W1 R1!! I know tomorrow my legs will be killing me. Good luck to all on run 2.