Unofficial London Marathon

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
roamingandy

Unofficial London Marathon

Post by roamingandy »

Firstly I admit it, I am an imposter. I only joined the forum to post this. I hope no-one minds, as I think it will hopefully interest some of you.

I've just recovered from a very long injury and needed a challenge to get back into shape. I applied for the London Marathon, but it was of-course booked up long, long ago. They raise a lot of money for charity which is great, but its a shame it's so difficult to get into. i realised I could run it anyway by simply running the same route a few weeks later ..so I am and I want to invite everyone to join me :)

Date: Sunday 12th May
More details and invite your friends: https://www.facebook.com/events/155223911306232

I'm doing it regardless who else comes, but i'd really love some company, so please join me, and if you know anyone else who might be interested let them know. Get donations, run for a charity, or just for fun like me, for any reason at all. just do half or one quarter; bring a bicycle, roller blades, a pogo stick along ..it really doesnt matter, there are no rules!

I do also run a social enterprise organising community events in the city. This is not really related, but if lots of people decide to join in I'll organise things a little more and set up a proper party in the park afterwards to look forward to.
benjohn

Re: Unofficial London Marathon

Post by benjohn »

Hi Roaming Andy,

I've only just read this post, months after your planned date. I was wondering how it worked out? It's such a very cool idea – I really love it, so I hope it went well.

Happy running,
Benjohn