Been there, done it, doing it again

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
Kafkaz

Been there, done it, doing it again

Post by Kafkaz »

Thanks to couch to 5k I managed to run two Race for Life's this year having only ever been able to walk them before. Brilliant! However, it's surprising how quickly you lose form if you don't keep up with the running. After some time off and some weight on :( I've started couch to 5k again from week six, and hope to be back up to form shortly. :D
However, whereas before get running would automatically update my Facebook status, I now cannot get this feature to work. Having my friends see how I'm progressing is a big part of the motivation to keep it up, so if anyone can help out here I would be eternally grateful.
For info, I haven't upgraded to the ios7
Thaaaaabks xx
benjohn

Re: Been there, done it, doing it again

Post by benjohn »

Hi Kafkaz,

Well done with your race for life, and well done getting back at the training!

The Facebook integration in the latest version (1.10.0) is broken, sorry :-( However, Apple are currently reviewing a fix for this (version 1.11.0), and also fixes some serious bugs with iOS 7. Their current review times are about a week on average, so I hope it will be available this week, but I can't guarantee that at all, sorry.

Thanks, and happy running,
Benjohn
Kafkaz

Post by Kafkaz »

Thanks or your reply. Got an update today but its not fixed the problem. It basically says it can't access ny fb account and asks me to give permission in the app settings. The app doesn't show in my settings......
I'm sure it will get fixed at one point. In the meantime I'll do the manual postings :D
andywebb

Post by andywebb »

Kafkaz - I'm doing exactly the same but starting from Week 1 because I'd left it 4-5 months, due initially to pulls to calf, achilles, etc but then sheer bone idleness and pressure of work.

But the key thing is that I know I can do it, because I have before and the app really helps...here's looking forward to Week 5 :o
adem9438

Post by adem9438 »

Well done with your race for life, and well done getting back at the training! :| :twisted: