Keep Running - 5to10k

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
ericnl

Keep Running - 5to10k

Post by ericnl »

when I decided to go running I tried a bunch of different apps and, like many here on this forum, came to the conclusion that there is no other app that comes close to this one!! (thanks for that).

as I am getting close to the end of the program, I started testing 5to10k apps, but they just can't get me excited as yours did. and reading through this forum I found that many are asking the same question: why not make a 5to10k app?
the base-structure for the app is already there, so are the voice commands. it should be relatively easy to make this additional app of which I am sure that it will be a great hit in the appstore!!!

so please consider making a second running app, preferably before I finish this one in 3 weeks ;-)

cheers,
Eric.
Ssujh1

Re: Keep Running - 5to10k

Post by Ssujh1 »

I agree - am loving this app and heading towards the finishing line. Am feeling at the moment like I would like to continue so pleeeeeeeeeeeeease give us the next one.
rainbowjammer

Post by rainbowjammer »

Please can we have a 5 to 10K, I am on week 7 run 1 and loving the app, I am really motivated and want to push the distance more.

I hated running as a child, but this is great, and I have never had one sore muscle or similar from the way the runs build you up.

Other apps are OK, but they are not as friendly or as motivating as yours :D
Abramblitt

Post by Abramblitt »

I agree! For the 1st time in my life I have actually stuck with running because of your app! I tried the other ones but none of them compare.... Please do a bridge to 10k. I finish this app this weekend and I am very sad. I will miss my little British lady's voice and encouragement....
tiddlyompompom

Post by tiddlyompompom »

I have never seen the fun in running. Three weeks ago I downloaded your app and I haven't looked back. I started week 3 tonight and am already panicking about what I do when I finish this app. I need you to make the 5-10k app by 21st October. Please? ...
JessM

Post by JessM »

I'm nearly finished again ( had to take a break from running for a few months so did it all again and loved it just as much)
Please please give us the up to 10 k version! We all want it!!!! Jess
hansbockler

Post by hansbockler »

any update on this??? count me in as one who is ready for a 5k to 10k app!!

Your app rocks! I've recommended it to all my friends.
Petra

Post by Petra »

Maybe I'm not suppose to tell this here, but there is a 'bridge to 10k' app, but it's from a different company. If you search the app store for 'bridge to 10k', you'll find it. It's not at nice as the 'c25k' app. You don't have the encouragement from Clare, there is Jim instead, a computerised voice who only tells you things like 'run', 'walk', 'cool down', etc. But it worked for me, I've just finished the program.
Jilly2Shoes

Post by Jilly2Shoes »

Can't say enough about this great App! - at age 45 I am now able to run for 35 mins non-stop, not once has it been too challenging, and this week is week 9 - and my first 5K this weekend! - Can't wait - have bought the Bridge to 10K and also great MotionX GPS to track distance, time, pace etc! I think I might be hooked!!! Thanks for such a fantastic motivational application, anyone can do it!!!
vzmk

Post by vzmk »

Like many others here I had tried other C25K training programs and apps in the past and did not complete them. This app has it all: it's motivating (I LOVE the British woman who encourages me along the way), it's well timed, it makes scheduling new and reviewing past runs easy, and it's aesthetically pleasing. I am three runs away from completing the training and I'd like nothing better than to continue with Get Running. I will gladly pay for each new training level, and I'm guessing my husband would as well (after seeing my success with Get Running he also purchased the app and is sticking with it).

Please PLEASE please consider creating the next training levels before I get bored and stop running.