Completed half marathon thanks to Get Running

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
Tidwell100

Completed half marathon thanks to Get Running

Post by Tidwell100 »

I started using the Get Running couch to 5k program last April and am happy to report I just ran my first half marathon last weekend in a time of 2 hours 9 minutes! The program is great and really helped me stick with it during the first few weeks when it would have been easy to quit. I now love to run, have lost over 20 pounds and have a new, lifelong, and healthy addiction. Thanks!
benjohn

Re: Completed half marathon thanks to Get Running

Post by benjohn »

Wow, fantastic stuff! I like the way you put it as a "healthy addiction", that's what everyone needs :-) Very well done.
Tidwell100

Post by Tidwell100 »

I wanted to post an update. It's been about 2 years since I finished the Get Running program and am happy to say that this past weekend I completed my 14th half-marathon. So, for all of you folks out there who are just starting out, are struggling to complete the first few weeks of the program and are wondering if it's worth it -- push through the pain and stick with it...It gets better. I became addicted to running after using this program because I feel better, have more energy, my clothes fit , I have a better outlook on life and I have a wall full of medals from the races I've finished.

Thanks to benjohn for developing this program and for getting me off the couch and making me a runner!!!
Anne70

Post by Anne70 »

Hello there, I am actually interested to know how you trained once you finished the 5k app programme, all the way to half marathon. And also if you did some cross training, what did you choose and how often you did it.

I just finished week 5 of the app, and I do not wish to finish the whole thing and then not knowing what to do next. I started cross training with spinning, because I need to reinforce my knees and legs :roll:

Thanks in advance for any tips about how to carry on all the way to half marathon,
Cheers :)
Anne