Roll of honour 

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
Carlosrunner

Roll of honour 

Post by Carlosrunner »

Name: Carl
Area: Nottingham UK
Completed: 1st May 2010
Comments: Great programme! Very proud of myself completing the whole 9wks straight through  Thanks for all the advice from Ben John.
I thought there would be a fanfare at the end of the last run though 
I intend to use runkeeper now to improve my distance over 30mins and 5k time.
Well done to all who have completed the course xx
benjohn

Re: Roll of honour 

Post by benjohn »

Superb Carl, well done!

This is a really great idea for a thread: inspired! I think we should have a similar one in the Starting Line forum too, so people can award themselves when they've achieved a personal milestone.
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

Name: Lauren
Area: Belper, Derbyshire UK
Completed: 4th May 2010
Comments: Such a brillient programme i feel so happy and proud of myself to have completed it :lol: , 9 weeks ago i could barely run for longer than 1 minute and now im running 30minutes non-stop, i feel just great!!!
Thanks for all the help along the way, looking at the forum has given me confidence when i was starting to loose it. THANKS Ben John for developing such a great App, i am now seriously considering training for the 10k. I am also intending to use runkeeper to improve my distance over 30mins and 5k time.
Well done to everyone who has completed and good luck to those still running it xxx :D
mikel

Post by mikel »

Name: Mike
Area: Sydney, Australia
Completed: 4th April 2010
Comments:
While I expected that I would be running 5km in 30 mins as the program estimated, it turned out I was only running 4.5km. I have spend the last month working my speed up to 6 mins/km. I have also been adding hills to my routine so I can handle a mixture of terrain. I use both Runmeter and Nike+ to monitor my runs and have kept in depth statistics to help improve my performance. I have also entered a 4km run so I can having something more official to show off. In the immediate future I plan to keep running 5km but work on increasing my pace (medium term goal). In the future I plan to shift to running 8km (long term goal).
Lillian2611

Post by Lillian2611 »

I officially finished the program on May 15th.

I can't explain how profoundly C25K has changed my life, and Get Running contributed so much to that positive experience. I really can't believe what I've done!

My new goal is to add 10% to each week of running - three minutes this week, three minutes next week and maybe four minutes the week after that - until I'm running for an hour.

According to http://runkeeper.com I'm running 7.5 km/h, which is faster than I expected. I have their free app and it uses GPS to track my movements but I'm doubting its accuracy a little. I'll have to use my car's odometer to verify it, I guess. Haha.

Thanks to benjohn for his support, both app-related and moral. :D
fivereaders

Post by fivereaders »

Today I finished the get running program! Nine weeks ago when I began I doubted that I could really do this. Age 57, never before a runner, how could this really work? But folks, I did it! And I must say I'm proud of myself. I know I will keep it up. For right now I think 30 minutes is enough (although one time I actually ran 35) but who knows --
Thanks for putting this great program together! :D
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Well done to everyone! I'm so proud of you all!
fivereaders

Post by fivereaders »

As stated above, I finished this program on June 10. I ran in the Strawberry Shortcut 5K this past Sunday, in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. I finished in 32 minutes! I am SO happy. My goal for next time will be under 30 minutes. I think it's very doable, as long as I keep up with my running. And for those who doubt themselves --- I doubted myself as well. How could a non-runner start running at age 57? Well, you can -- with this fantastic program. I tell everyone about it now. Thanks to whoever put this program together and made it available to us :D
reelon

Post by reelon »

Hey there I finished the program on May 31, and run my first 5K on June 6, I made the 5K in about 33 min!! :D For me the important part was to finish the race, next I am looking into maybe moving to a 10K, but for the mean while I will continue to run the 30 min. Thanks
shytalkz

Post by shytalkz »

Finished last Saturday, although wasn't happy with how I did: got interrupted by someone asking for directions - at 530am! - which put me off my stride completely, so the last ten mins was a bit of a mess, as I knoew I wasn't going to improve on R2 of the week. As such, I re-did it yesterday, plus an extra 3mins to make up for the extra day off and all went fine. Disappointing that there is no fanfare at the end of the program though!!

Started a rival C210K app today - as Ben won't get on with the next version for Get Running! - jumped in at week 5 comprising 12x 2.5 min runs and 2.5 min walks..a bigger leap than I anticipated, but coped fine with it. I'd still rather be doing it with a Get Running app though - big big hint there Ben!! :lol: