Roll of honour 

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
JogDog

Re: Roll of honour 

Post by JogDog »

Name: Rebecca
Graduation Date: 07 20 2013 :D
Bushbasher

Post by Bushbasher »

Finished on Friday. It took me 5 months, courtesy of a few setbacks; plantar fasciitis, medication problems for depression (why I began in the first place) but I did it and want to shout out to the world!!!!! Thankyou. :D
fatguy

Post by fatguy »

Name: fatguy
Graduation: November 20, 2013

Just completed week 9 today! So happy with what I've accomplished! I actually ran the week 9 runs for 40 minutes instead of 30. Thinking back, I can hardly believe the difficulty I had merely getting through week 1. This program DOES work! As an added bonus, I'm a solid 20 pounds lighter and feeling fantastic! Thanks to all for sharing experiences to inspire others. I won't win any road races yet, but I'm confident that I can get the 5k completed in 30 minutes before long. Best to all!
aggster

Post by aggster »

Name: Agneta
Area: Falun, Sweden
Completed: 111213 (took me 11 weeks)
Comments: I love the programme! I would never have thought I could run for even 5 minutes nor call myself a runner after I finished week 9. I'm going to re-run week 8 and 9 until the "5k to 10k" app is out. No pressure ;)

I'm so proud of myself for doing this for my health. :D
MrsM1983

Post by MrsM1983 »

Name: Geraldine
Area: Sidcup, UK
Completed: Saturday 3rd May 2014
Comments: I just want to say thank you for the C25K app - it has been amazing! Just completed week 9 - I'm going to stick to 3 half hour runs each week! Never in my life did I think I'd be able to run for 30 mins solid and actually enjoy it and actively look forward to it! It's been a revelation! Doing Race for Life on the 6th July - can't wait!!! Thank you again :-) xxx
DATTAB67

Post by DATTAB67 »

Name: David
Area: Newcastle, AUSTRALIA
Completed: 15th May 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed the program. No way I thought when I started & struggled through the walk/run combos in week 1-2. Now pushing the 30 minute run including hills and never stopped....
LancLass

Post by LancLass »

Name: Jane
Area: Staines, UK
Completed: 31st August 2014
I took 12 weeks to complete the plan and I couldn't have done it without Claire's reassuring voice! I'm so happy to have stuck with it and now aim to work on distance and speed. Thanks to all at Get Running - it's a brilliant app!
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Name: Todd H
Area: Georgia, United States
Competed: October 10, 2014

Loved the program. I used to be a pretty good runner but age caught up with me. Now I'm loving it again. Thanks guys!
HanTheMan

Post by HanTheMan »

Finished running 5K today:)
Next week I will run the wings for life run :)
Susan

Post by Susan »

I'm a bit late because I actually finished back in 2012. I'd never run - ever, and thought I was too old to start, but I set a goal that I was going to finish a 10K. The first few weeks were tough! And I still remember that 20 minute run Week 5. But I made it through and ran my first 5K July 4, 2012, and finished my 10k that September.

I had an injury right after that and was off until spring, so I used the app again in 2013. Kept running - and running - and running. Last December (2015) I crossed the finish line at my first full marathon. I really don't know if I could have done it without this app - it's awesome. Thanks!

(By the way, for anyone reading - that first 20 minute run was tougher than the last 20 minutes of the marathon! Push through it - you can do this! And it only gets easier once you've made it through this training.)