Roll of honour 

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
SarahinShibs

Re: Roll of honour 

Post by SarahinShibs »

Name: Sarah
Area: Toyko, Japan
Completed: 14 September 2012
Comments: Loved it! Can't believe I made it too the end of the programme without flaking but the app really kept me focused on getting out and running as much as possible. I found week 7 and 8 the hardest for some reason, it was a real mental battle, I had a lot of frustration at how slow I was running (even though I was working hard!) and I had a crisis of confidence. Week 8 was the only week that I failed to finish a run :(. I kept on though, as I had gone so far already and felt like I was too close to finishing the app to stop! Once I started week 9 I decided to force myself to slow down (which seemed counter-productive given how slow I felt I was going already!) but once I did this I found that I had a much more consistent pace, didn't huff and puff so much and in the end, my time improved and I am now running faster! I have a 5k on 1 December, hopefully I will be able to run it in under 30mins by then. :P :P
Vinay

Post by Vinay »

Name: Vinay
Area: Bangalore, India
Completion date: 21st Sep 2012

:D Yes I have done it!! I can very well say now "I am a runner".
Aussyblu

Post by Aussyblu »

I just finished the c25k program, I'm so proud of myself! Now I have to decide what to do next:) :D
mr_flash

Post by mr_flash »

Name : Matt
Area: Huddersfield, UK
Completed: 13th October 2012
-----------------------------------------
It all started back on July the 18th with a struggle to complete eight 1min runs between 1.30min walking and today i completed week 9, run 3 and hit the magic 5k mark on my very final run.

The final week first run didn't start too well, my initial pace was way to quick and the run ended disappointingly after 25min over which i covered 4.4k

Run 2 of the week and i was determined to ignore the distance and just run 30min i had to. I came so close though as the final distance clocked in at 4.97k

Today and the final run. I knew if i kept my pace under 6min/k i would hit the 5k distance and i did. In fact i was just over at 5.08k with a pace of 5.56/k

So overall it took me a little longer than the scheduled 9 weeks due to going on holiday and forgetting my running stuff.

I would recommend this program to anyone.
lizmizje

Post by lizmizje »

Name : Lizi
Area: Netherlands
Completed: 18th October 2012
-----------------------------------------

What a journey it has been! I have run through a big heat wave, rain and cold, in my neighborhood, in beautiful parks in Austria and Germany, on a race track in Atlanta (USA) and on the beach in California... Turned from a non-runner in 11 weeks to a runner who's ready for her first 5k!

Thanks a lot for the support of everyone on this forum, it was very encouraging and of course also to the makers of this app!
Mummyrita

Post by Mummyrita »

Name: Rita
Area: Australia
Finished: early October 2012 (can't remember the exact date!)

I used to run, but never got past 20 mins. Then I had my 3rd baby - I lost all my fitness, stacked on the weight, and felt terrible. I started this program many months ago, but never got past week 4. Then I decided to do it properly. I conned my neighbour into running with me, and we set off.

I feel fantastic now. I can run 30 mins (up and down hills), I have lost nearly 9 kgs, and I have so much more energy with my kids. I really look forward to my runs now - I actually find them really fun, which my non-running friends don't understand at all!
Catgal63

Post by Catgal63 »

Name: Diane
Area: Ohio

I finished this program and am now able to run 30 min, albeit very slow. I will be working on increasing my speed and distance so I can start running 5k races. Right now my distance is only about 2.3 so I have some work to do! I can't believe 9 weeks ago I could not even run for a couple minutes....it is amazing what we can do when we really try! Instead of believing that we just can't do it! I love the calorie burn I get with running and I love how much more muscular my thighs are becoming...nice bonus!
Timl2k10

Post by Timl2k10 »

Name: Tim
Area: Florida (Go Bucs!)

I weaned myself off the program around week 8. I found in was able to run 30 minutes with no problems, and by now Claire is only counting off every 5 minutes anyhow. I'm only running about 2.2 miles in half an hour, but I think. I can improve that as my tendons and ligaments get a little more broken in and my muscle memory from my distant past as a runner continues to come back.
I plan to use RunMeter and RunKeeper together to help me improve my times and keep me motivated. My only goal right now I to get up to a pace where I can run a whole 5k in 30 minutes, but there is no rush.
Hard to beleive this all started one restless morning when I couldn't sleep, so I thought, why not pick up "Get Running" again? I never stopped what I started.
My first attempt was actually back in 2010 when the program first came out. I don't remember what sidetracked me, I have no record of it. So I guess could say it has taken me 2 years to finish the program! :D
I'll miss you Claire!
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

Name: Lottie
Area: Edinburgh, UK
Completed: 25th November 2012
Comments: I never thought I'd be able to run for half an hour, but now I can. A bit of a shame that I've reached this milestone in the middle of winter, but hopefully I can keep it going for the summer!
LinP

Post by LinP »

I finished the programme today, Christmas Eve :)

I am in love with running after previously being the quintessential vouch potato. When I saw this app title I knew it meant me!

I'm thrilled and I recommend this programme and app to everyone. My husband. May be joining me and I hope he does. How cool would that be!

Many thanks for the inspiration of those who went before me and although the forum is very quiet at the moment, I've found reading the older stuff really helpful.

Lin x