FINISHED

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
bravotango60

FINISHED

Post by bravotango60 »

Just finished! So happy! Ready to go for my first 5k on Thanksgiving morning. Not looking for speed but just want to run the entire way and finish!

Get Running is a great app and so glad that I gave it a shot! I remember how tough those 8 1-min runs were in week one..never thinking I could do 30 mins non-stop!

I am 51 and around 245 pounds! I need to continue running and working on my weight. I figure it's much easier running at 200-220 pounds than lugging all this extra baggage!

Thanks for the support in these forums!

Brian
YikesMn

Re: FINISHED

Post by YikesMn »

It's crazy isn't it? I finished on the same day you did and may do a 5k on Thanksgiving as well. It depends on the amount of snow still on the ground here in Minnesota. Since you mentioned Thanksgiving, I imagine that you are also in the US. Where are you located?
Shari
bravotango60

Post by bravotango60 »

Just north of Tulsa, Oklahoma! Should be a nice day! No snow!!!!!
YikesMn

Post by YikesMn »

Good luck on your Thanksgiving run. I hope you post your results here.
bravotango60

Post by bravotango60 »

The results weren't what I was hoping for....40:33....I crashed and burned (walked) in the middle and just couldn't put together anything except at the end. A little disappointing but I did complete it and I now have a benchmark to beat the next time out!
mailbroad

Post by mailbroad »

bravotango60 wrote:The results weren't what I was hoping for....40:33....I crashed and burned (walked) in the middle and just couldn't put together anything except at the end. A little disappointing but I did complete it and I now have a benchmark to beat the next time out!
Hey, you finished and that is great! I just started the program today! Someday I may do a 5K!
Big_G

Post by Big_G »

I finished week 9 on Apr 14 but never quite managed the full 5k. So this morning off I went with the dog over the fields, it wasn't the easiest of runs, boggy ground & very windy but I finished. It still amazes me that when I started the app the thought of running for over 30 minutes seemed impossible. Now I really look forward to running, & that is all thanks to Get Running. Thanks guys, next goal 10k & then the Para 10 challenge in September!
Runkat

Post by Runkat »

I finished tonight... Feels amazing to complete the app. thanks to the makers once again xx