A fun new running app

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
nipponnay

A fun new running app

Post by nipponnay »

I've recently found out about a new running app which might give you graduates something to do whilst you're waiting for the second Get Running app. It looks ACE!

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

I can't wait to finish Get Running so I can have a play on this :D
starknut

Re: A fun new running app

Post by starknut »

Oh my, this looks like so much fun! :lol:
starknut

Post by starknut »

I forgot all about this app until a friend of mine mentioned it, and I did my first run with it today. LOVED IT! Half an hour in my hot, airless garage (no fan today, boo!) flew by in a blink! I had so much fun! If I hadn't had to go out for another workout with my friends, I would have kept running and attempted another half-hour mission. Zombies, Run! is Just the thing I needed to add a bit of variety to my runs.
runningforthehills!

Post by runningforthehills! »

I can't wait to try this app but how good do you think you need to be to start? I am only on week 2 of get running and suspect I need to complete it? (not that I don't like get running - I think it is great! - just love the idea of the zombies!)
starknut

Post by starknut »

Zombie chases (which involve sprinting for a minute, max) are optional. You can do this program with Get Running, though it would probably be best to wait until you finish the program, because I can't imagine what it would sound like if you were listening to a cutscene in Zombies, Run! and then Coach Claire started talking at the same time!
Bigsvig

Post by Bigsvig »

I just got this app even though I am not finished with Get Running because I wanted my teenager to run with me occasionally. We ran the first episode this week and it is hilarious good fun. I'm thinking it might be fun to mix it up or use to repair one's self esteem after a particularly challenging run instead of repeating a week.