Finished Week 6 Run 3 today!! I can't believe it!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
achtung

Finished Week 6 Run 3 today!! I can't believe it!!!

Post by achtung »

Just a small time ago, I was posting about how I was on week 3 or 4 and that I was nervous about the weeks to come...now i've ran sustained 20/25 minutes and the all-time is goal is just 5 more minutes!

I can't thank the creators of this forum and App for the great work they did both in the concept and fix due to iOS7. I can say with absolute certainty the applied fix works, and Claire kept talking to me every 5 minutes to let me know how much i've done and to not give up!

Now with 25 minutes behind me the next 3 runs will be similar and hopefully easier and then the jump to 30 minutes shouldn't be too bad. I am on my way!
Mahnster1

Re: Finished Week 6 Run 3 today!! I can't believe it!!!

Post by Mahnster1 »

Week 5 run 3 and week 6 run 3 are the 2 mental challenges and you passed them! The only challenge now is to get out there 9 more times and then look for your next goal to achieve. Be careful, be smart and enjoy the accomplishment on week 9 run 3. Way to go!
Latestarter46

Post by Latestarter46 »

Aargh! I've been stuck on W6R3 for weeks now. Keep thinking if I restart the week I'll manage it, but not yet. 23 minutes my best and I thought I was going to die!
Alabamatrotter

Post by Alabamatrotter »

I'm worried about this one now. But you know what? We have come so far, we can't stop now. I don't know about you, but the first week was a challenge for me. I really thought the 3 minute runs were going to be the end of me, but you know what? I'm not going to stop until I can run a freakin 5k!