Where in the world are you, and where do you run?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Todd H

Re: Where in the world are you, and where do you run?

Post by Todd H »

Gwends wrote:I am in Gainesville, FL home of the University of Florida, but I'm not a Gator fan. UGA (University of Georgia) all the way.
Go Dawgs! Class of '95 here. :D

I'm from a small town in the state of Georgia here in the United States.
Fragglerock

Post by Fragglerock »

In "sunny" Scotland - West Lothian for me
S@M

Post by S@M »

Hi there, I'm from Holland. Ouderkerk aan den IJssel, 15 K above Rotterdam. I run in the 'polder' little paths in the meadows and on the 'dijken' : asfaltstreet next to the
The river, windy mostly! Today it has snowed & the Sun was shining and About 6 degrees Celcius,
Neverfinish

Post by Neverfinish »

Hi,
I'm from the United States and I live in Rhode Island. I run on a treadmill because it is winter here. We just had a blizzard and received 31 inches (78.74 cm) of snow. Yesterday's morning temperature was -11 Fahrenheit (-23.8C). Our high temperature this week was 34 F (1C). We had a bit more snow today and should have another storm on Monday. Running outside would be much too dangerous!
Momma Sue

Post by Momma Sue »

Milford, Michigan - USA. I've done this program before and I'm ready to begin again after a long battle with Lyme Disease. Left with Fibromyalgia, my new "normal" might pose some challenges, but I'm ready to try!!!
Mrsg08

Post by Mrsg08 »

Hi all I'm in Dublin, Ireland. I run in our local park which is 5 min walk fromy front door
AoifeE

Post by AoifeE »

Mrsg08 I am the same as you :-)

On my week 1
NikkiR

Post by NikkiR »

Hi, I'm Nikki, and I live in the Trossachs & Loch Lomond National Park in Scotland. I just did my first 20 mins run and this is my first post on the forum :) I have been loving reading about other runners around the world - inspiring! I run from our cottage along a very bumpy track through woodland, often rather wet, windy and chilly, but beautiful with the Highlands to the north. I'll be thinking of other warmer places on the next 2 degs morning run - NSW sounds balmy! Cheers, Nikki
SuzanneB

Post by SuzanneB »

Hi! I'm in the United States, the state of Mississippi. I run outdoors on the perimeter of a volleyball field. I started Get Running on April 11. I've had to repeat many of the weeks due to being overweight and having a heart condition but i love it! :D Just started week 4 today!
Andrew26

Post by Andrew26 »

I am in Peterborough and that's where I run. I am training for The Perkins Great Eastern Run this year which is also in Peterborough :-)