Does anyone run more than C25k recommends?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Tinydancer83

Does anyone run more than C25k recommends?

Post by Tinydancer83 »

C25k recommends that you rest between runs but I would like to know of everyone follows this advice?

I have been following the plan and I'm enjoying the runs but I would like to step up my weight loss. Although I'm feeling my muscles tone up, the scales just aren't changing (I already eat a balanced kcal controlled diet ~ 1400kcal per day with treats on weekend.)

Can I introduce more runs or would I run the risk of ruining the plan?

Thanks for the advice!
Petra

Re: Does anyone run more than C25k recommends?

Post by Petra »

I don't think it would be wise to introduce more runs. Your muscles need time to recover between runs, so that's why you are only supposed to run three times a week.
But on days you don't run you can do some other exercise to burn calories e.g. walking (in a brisk pace), cycling or swimming.

Petra.
Tinydancer83

Post by Tinydancer83 »

Thanks Petra. I'll find another activity to do between runs. I considered metafit but I can barely walk after it let alone run :) I think it will need to be something more gentle!
SuzanneB

Post by SuzanneB »

Petra wrote:I don't think it would be wise to introduce more runs. Your muscles need time to recover between runs, so that's why you are only supposed to run three times a week.
But on days you don't run you can do some other exercise to burn calories e.g. walking (in a brisk pace), cycling or swimming.

Petra.
thanks petra! I started last week but had to repeat week one because i have a heart condition. I love running though and was wondering if i could do other exercises on my rest days.