My first run and Nike plus

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Joanne9071

Re: My first run and Nike plus

Post by Joanne9071 »

I have an iPod touch, so didn't think it had gps in order to use runkeeper. However Nike plus working well now.
nellysue

Post by nellysue »

Thanks ab7167 for the tip on using runkeeper light. I tried it the way you said and it worked great - music on first, Runkeeper light second, Get Running last. It tracked my distance, speed etc and showed a minute by minute graph. It complements Get Running really well. :)
patrickj

Post by patrickj »

Did my first run yesterday with music and just this app loved it not baffle a 48yold. Not sure about the Nike app could not get it to calibrate really annoying
Rfuilrez

Post by Rfuilrez »

I just did my first run with Nike+ (W1R3) and it seemed pretty accurate for just a pedometer. I had it running alongside MotionX GPS, and it was only off by .02 after 2.3 miles.

My set up (iPhone 4) was Music on, Nike+ On, MX GPS on, and finally Get Running. Think I'll try it with Run Keeper on sunday when I go running.
toddpeterson

Post by toddpeterson »

I also did my first run with the Nike+ sensor and my iPod touch; I was happy that it worked as advertised. I was most concerned with how calibration would be and whether it would get the distance I ran correct. It was right on with distance when I checked it against Google Maps. It was interesting to see the speed of my run graphed on the nikeplus.com site - I'm in Week 4 and you could see 4 dips in speed that correspond to the 4 walks during the run. As suggested, I started the workout in the Nike+ app first, then started Get Running.
ironmanhw

Post by ironmanhw »

I also started the workout with the Nike+ app first, then started Get Running. I also have the iPod touch, I just use them for different times - the Nike+ when jogging, running etc. and the iPod while hiking or going on slower, longer trips. I'm not really sure why, but they seem to fit these actions better.