45 Year Old - First Run

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
ColinD69

Re: 45 Year Old - First Run

Post by ColinD69 »

Todd H wrote:Same here. Started back running after a long 10+ year break. I'm 45 as well and it's a lot tougher to do these runs now that I'm older. Good to know I'm not the only old timer here. :)
Hahaha!!! Thanks! I try to think of myself as mature!! It certainly is tougher starting out when you are older, but you never know, maybe it will turn back the years a bit! :) Wish I was back in St Augustine running, nicer climate than here in Scotland. Good luck with the running Todd!
Qalmon

Post by Qalmon »

Good to vent off just completes W1R2 and harder due to aching legs but breathing much better (giving up smoking at the same time) still going strong a few twinges to rest of but hopefully nothing serious yet. Felling good! Cheers for you comments Colin best of luck getting started after 10 years Todd my thoughts was if I don't do it now it will never happen!
LordOberon

Post by LordOberon »

51 year old and going for Week 5 Run 2 in the morning. A little excited as it's a step up to 8 mins, complete new territory!

Keep up the good work. Just read about Chi running so will see if that helps.

Cheers.

Mark D
Tizzy15

Post by Tizzy15 »

Hi there. Happy to find this board. I will be 43 next month. I just completed week 1 yesterday. I am excited about this journey we are all taking. Yeah for all of us!
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

Tizzy15 wrote:Hi there. Happy to find this board. I will be 43 next month. I just completed week 1 yesterday. I am excited about this journey we are all taking. Yeah for all of us!
Hi there Tizzy!

Welcome to the fold and best of luck with your upcoming running adventure! You will love it!! :)
xtraa

Post by xtraa »

Well hello to my fellow people from the seventies :) Thank you for the nice read, I just started and Finished week one, run 2 and hope I'll keep it up. This thread really motivates me and I also think I just began to like running altrough I really hated it since school and never did it.

I stopped smoking three months ago so I think this will give me some extra benefits. It is a good feeling to see people in the same age starting with me :)

Greetings from Hamburg / G.
Andrzej
Andrew26

Post by Andrew26 »

Well done! I am fairly new to things, I am running my first Half Marathon this year- The Perkins Great Eastern Run in Peterborough. I found things a little difficult to begin with but it gets so much better and you start to feel great! Where abouts are you based?
cobber

Post by cobber »

45 is not old