Sticky: Introductions!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Mr Nibbler

Re: Sticky: Introductions!

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Robin here, living in the UK fairly close to Cambridge, but working a fair distance away in Lincolnshire and approaching my 60th birthday next month. Overweight and unfit but in a job where we have organised PT twice a week. Five years ago I embarked on the C25K program and loved it - my only competition was myself. Sadly W7R3 I hit a root on a path in poor light and tore a cartilage which put me out of action for ages. This new job and enforced physical activity has prompted me to start again: my aim is to take part in Parkruns near my home without completely disgracing myself.
Nice to be back folks.
Rachiepoo

Post by Rachiepoo »

Hi, I'm Rachel. Still in my first week, but really enjoying it (never thought I would say that). AI recently lost a lot of weight, but wanted to actually set myself a fitness challenge, so I've signed up to do a 5K and we'll see how it goes. I hope I'll keep running after I've finished.
Geoff-UK

Post by Geoff-UK »

Hello!

Well my name is Geoff, I'm another UK runner here. Quite weird to say that!

I have had a lot of change in my life lately. Sadly, my marriage has broken down, I got made redundant from my job, and I've had to move to a different county - all in the space of a few months. As far as I'm concerned, 2017 can do one :)

However, from all this lies an opportunity which I would like to grasp with both hands - that is, to become the best version of me I've ever been. I've never been particularly fit, and so as part of this I would like to complete an exercise programme. Then I saw this app, and thought I'd give it a go. I love it, having just completed week 3, run 3. I feel myself getting just a little stronger every time and genuinely look forward to the next run. I also feel great once I've completed it.

Good to know there are others from the UK on here too, maybe we should set up a little UK running club!!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Hi all :),
I'm Kat, 33 from the West Midlands, UK.
Haven't run in over two years and was recommended this app by a friend to get started again. I'm on day 2 and loving it so fingers crossed it'll get me back on track!

I will keep you all updated on my progress :D
Geoff-UK

Post by Geoff-UK »

Kat wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:39 pm Hi all :),
I'm Kat, 33 from the West Midlands, UK.
Haven't run in over two years and was recommended this app by a friend to get started again. I'm on day 2 and loving it so fingers crossed it'll get me back on track!

I will keep you all updated on my progress :D
Great work, I just finished week 9 after also having a break of a couple of years. Good luck, yes do keep us posted on how it is going - not many seem to post here!
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Hi everyone, my name is Tim. I am 58. Last September I was 18.7 stone and now with my Fitbit I am 16.0 stone heading for 15 by sept. I go the gum 4 nights a week and have started running at work in my dinner break. Today was week 1 day 1 on this app. I live I west Sussex .UK.
Monique8

Post by Monique8 »

Hi I’m monique

I just started my second week. It was really good with the app. I am enjoying it thus far. I’m hoping I’m going to lose a few lbs and be healthy in the process . I’m not a runner but this is a great start.... because I really hate running but want to give this a try. So far so good .
Monique8

Post by Monique8 »

Hi I’m monique

I just started my second week. It was really good with the app. I am enjoying it thus far. I’m hoping I’m going to lose a few lbs and be healthy in the process . I’m not a runner but this is a great start.... because I really hate running but want to give this a try. So far so good .
Scott from NH

Post by Scott from NH »

Hi I'm Scott,

I'm getting back into running after a couple years off.
Prior I did C25K and was setting a pace under 10min a mile.

Figured I'd try this to get back into it. I've been doing out and back runs with this app. Effectively I run/walk the intervals out, and jog the distance back.

I'm hoping to regain my fitness levels with a mix of this, swimming and hiking in the White Mountains.
rfindlater

Post by rfindlater »

Hi I’m Richard,

I’m 48yrs old and based in the South of England, I haven’t run for about 7yrs, well more of a jog than run.

My weight has steadily increased so have I decided to start C25K again. Just completed week 2 run 3 and I am feeling pretty good although think I need to check my running style as getting some calf pain.

I am now looking forward to week 3!

Will now explore the rest of these forums.