Running With a Buddy

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
benjohn

Running With a Buddy

Post by benjohn »

I've just got back from running with a friend. It was fantastic, and a great way to end the weekend and get ready for work. He hadn't run for nearly a year, so we just went for a 20 minute jog, and took a five minute walk in the middle. It was great though, and really enjoyable to run with someone. I heartily recommend giving it a try. We'll definitely be doing it again.
Li li

Re: Running With a Buddy

Post by Li li »

Running alone at the moment but once I get outside I'm planning to do my running with my sister. We are already looking at some routes- I live by the sea so want to try some along the prom where there's no traffic so the fumes wont affect my asthma. Does anyone know of a good app for route planning the distance of a run? Am thinking about investing in a heart rate monitor in the future. I know these can have GPS built in, but just weighing up options before committing to buying an expensive bit of kit.
benjohn

Re: Running With a Buddy

Post by benjohn »

I think I read something about Run Keeper in future supporting heart rate monitors, so that could be worth doing a bit of research on – might save you a lot of cash!

This site will let you measure a route on google maps (so you could also use it to plan a route):
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com

Dave and I went running again last night, and he's up to 25 minutes continuous now. Was a really good run. Great fun again!

Enjoy those beach runs! Sounds awesome :-)