How to use the stopwatch?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
masands

How to use the stopwatch?

Post by masands »

Hi,
I have basically finished this program, just 1 week to go. Now that I really don't need any audio-prompts from the app itself can someone please explain how use the stopwatch feature on the iPod touch. What I want is for it to ring a small alarm at 5 minutes then 35 minutes and then at 40 minutes to mark the end of the run.
Yes, I could simply delete the last 30 min run and run it but I'm planning on do a full restore of my iPod as soon as I finish the program and I will lose all my runs. Not that I don't like this program, its the best investment on any app EVER!
Thanks
kishe_lily

Re: How to use the stopwatch?

Post by kishe_lily »

You can re-run any run, any time, just by selecting the one you want before you hit Run! So even if you restore your iPhone you can always just select the 30 minute run and go.

The other app which you might enjoy is RunKeeper, which has the option of setting up a training program on which you can set up intervals of whichever length you choose (she tells you when you have to change speed, as well as having an optional built in warm up and cool down period) as well as telling your stats every given time/distance interval (depending on how you prefer it) if you want that. The app also lets you know your speed/pace and distance. It would also allow you to increase your time if that's what you want. I use this app all the time and absolutely love it!