What should we do next?!

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
benjohn

Re: What should we do next?!

Post by benjohn »

That's a good question!

Well, I'll announce on Twitter, Get Satisfaction, and here too.

If you would also like to be notified by email, then send an email to:

tell_me_about_10k@splendid-things.co.uk

… I'll keep you updated.
wrxmania

Post by wrxmania »

Any recent updates to the possibility of a 5k to 10k extension?

Many runners would pay, and a bet a good few would buy the 5k to 10k not long into using the 5k version...

Brian.
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting in touch. No update, I'm sorry to say. We intend to do it, but we've not done it yet.
wrxmania

Post by wrxmania »

Good to know it's a possibility - even if not for the people who need it shortly but for all those in the future who will be switched on by the 5k app.

Brian :D
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

Please please please make a 10K app to save everyone for the nasty looking and even worse sounding b210k one :( No where near as motivating as GetRunning
lenval

Post by lenval »

I would LOVE for there to be more Get Running, especially a 10k or half marathon app...or both! I just don't think there is anything nearly as good as Get Running, so I don't waste my time with anything else!
jayhill

Post by jayhill »

New app should be called Keep Running :) perhaps including gate to 8k or bridge to 10k programmes as well as 'becoming a 1 hour runner'. That would be sweet. I'd be happy to buy these as in-app purchases.
Lynnal216

Post by Lynnal216 »

So any word on what to do when we graduate? Any new app coming soon? I'm in week 6 & I'm looking forward to continuing! I love everything about this app!! Thanks! Another one soon??
Redro

Post by Redro »

I "graduated" a few months ago - and have been using the Nike + app for the last 6 weeks. It is really fabulous and very motivating - great to see your ks build up, shows you exactly how much (or how little you have run), gives you stats, helps you set goals, shows graphs, maps your runs, has little motivating recorded messages when you achieve a Personal Best. So, I just aim to keep running 4 times a week - and use this app to keep track of my runs. iPhone technology blows me away. Also syncs to your home page where you can also see your information. I used RunKeeper for a while - but now much prefer Nike +.
YgetsRunning

Post by YgetsRunning »

I suppose I would be looking for something to improve my running time and form. Maybe a metronome feature to pace you faster, but doing it the c25k way... gradually increasing. Maybe prompts that remind you about form? I looked up that Chi Running another member posted about, and that looks interesting to me. For me it would be all about improving form and speed to get to a more efficient and speedier run.