Starting 11/22

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
ironmanhw

Re: Starting 11/22

Post by ironmanhw »

Hey, it's really great that you are posting more info about your run. I saw your first post and now checked again and I can see it's working out great for you. I'm quite a beginner, would love to get some advice. Anything else that wasn't posted on here? Thanks and keep at it!
cu79

Post by cu79 »

ironmanhw wrote:Hey, it's really great that you are posting more info about your run. I saw your first post and now checked again and I can see it's working out great for you. I'm quite a beginner, would love to get some advice. Anything else that wasn't posted on here? Thanks and keep at it!
thanks for reading! I really love this app I never thought I would be able to do it but it's coming along easily, even with my scheldule! I thought I woud have to go back and redo some runs but haven't had to! The best advice is to pace yourself and just continue to run! I'm still not running as fast as I woud like but i can tell it will come in time right now I'm just concentrating on running the whole time I'm suppose to! I do run outside and on the treadmill. I find it easier on the treadmill I guess cause theres are no hills and I'm running at about 5.5 speed. I think next time I'm going to bump it up to at least 6! Well good luck!
cu79

Post by cu79 »

Week 5 I have finally made it!! Feels awesome to say I ran 3-5min runs!! It's still coming along great can't wait till my 3rd run this week it's the big 20min run I have been waiting for! This will tell how I'm doing!! I'm hoping in 20mins I can at least run 2.5 mile run! But still before that I have 2-8min runs next! Planning on doing that Friday!
cu79

Post by cu79 »

WOW today's run was crazy! 2-8 min runs I think on the second I wasn't going to make it but I did and so excited bout how far I have come! If u commit to something u will see change, no matter how long it takes stay committed! Can't wait for my 20 min run! Had fantastic weather today 60 degrees alittle windy but a great run!
cu79

Post by cu79 »

Ok so the run today I have to say was HARD! I made it have way through and had to slow to a walk for a minute then made it where there was 7 minutes left and had to walk another minute but I did finish strong! I did run/walk about 2.6 miles so I am getting closer to the 5K! Next week doesn't look as hard so I can work on getting ready to try this again! I'm still proud of my progress so far and can't wait to get to the finish line!
cu79

Post by cu79 »

Today start of Week 6 Ran 5 mins walk 3 mins ran 8 mins walk 3 mins ran another 5 mins! Finished with 2.7 miles 366 calories burned! Felt great getting closer to my 5K. Unbelievable that there's only 3 weeks left! Going to have to run tomorrow due to my work schedule!
cu79

Post by cu79 »

Ok so been 10 days since my last run and I can tell today was 2 10 min runs. The first one wasn't to bad but the 2nd one I about died. lol not really but felt like it. I did have to stop and walk 2 mins into it for 2 mins then finish it off by running. I burned 306 calories in 2.3 miles not too bad but felt like I could do better!! Not sure if I need to go back and redo a couple of weeks or not! Any suggestions would help!!!!
cu79

Post by cu79 »

Just finished up Week 6! 25 min run went great I did stop a few time and had to walk but still manage to make it 2.8 miles! I plan on building on these next 3 weeks and hopefully by the time I'm finished be able to run 30 mins straight if not then I'll just keep trying. I'm not going to give up on this!! Its tough but I will conquer it! May have to run again tomorrow but will see!
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Hi cu79,

Your posts are great, thanks.

It's wonderful that you're not getting knocked back when you find it hard, and that you're happy to adjust the program (do extra runs and stop to walk a bit if you need to). I think some users feel that they have to follow the program rigidly and believe that if they don't, or can't, then there is no point, and it's time to stop – I'm very glad you've realised you can adjust it as you require, that's excellent :-) I'd like to find improvements for the App that will help people to understand that they can adjust things as they require.

Thanks, and keep going! You're doing brilliantly!
Benjohn
cu79

Post by cu79 »

hey benjohn thanks for reading I appreciate the the advice!! This app has really been great! I have never loved running and without this app I probably never would have gave it a chance but now I really enjoy it!!

Today start of Week 7 I'm finding it hard to get all 3 runs in in the week but I'm feel like I'm still making progress! Today was a great run for me! For the start the sun was out not sure if that helped but I'm thinking it had something to do with it! lol Secondly I changed up my playlist found myself not thinking about the run as much! And Thirdly I decided not to think about the 25min run and just try to run as far as I could and try to build on that! Like I said not sure if not all three helped me but it felt good! I ended up running for 15 1/2 mins before having to walk for 2 mins and then ran the last 7 1/2 mins! Hoping by my 3rd run I can finish the 25 mins. Thats my goal this week!!