Sticky: Introductions!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Cailinrua77

Re: Sticky: Introductions!

Post by Cailinrua77 »

I've just started running with the appthis week. I'm a 33 year old working mum and live in the countryside in Donegal, Ireland. Used to do the gym etc. Bt live too far away from the city now so when I get home from work I can't face the evening trek to the gym. My child is10 months old and I had a c section so getting back in shape has been slow. Bit apprehensive about my staying power so I've entered a 5 km at the end of
May and I've told all of my friends so that I can't back out now! All advice and encouragement welcomed. And prayers the Irish rain is kind to me please.
dixib33

Post by dixib33 »

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself, in hopes that maybe someone can help keep me accountable here! My name is Dixi, and I live in the states, currently in north Georgia. I just started the C25K plan, and i am pretty excited after week 1-run 1.
My discipline is pretty much non-existent, so that is the real reason that i wanted to do this. To prove to myself that I can follow through with a disciplined exercise! And all the health benefits are nice too!

I have always "wanted" to be a runner, especially in college and shortly there after but I just never kept at it after a week or two... Now I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful 18 month old, with a pretty regular routine, so i really think that my schedule will help keep me running. (hopefully!)

RIght now I use nap-times, a baby monitor in the driveway, and our cul-de-sac to get my runs in, hopefully that will keep working for me!

Well, it was nice to meet y'all! Hope to keep up with all the beginners starting with me!
Swllwmzn

Post by Swllwmzn »

Hi, quick intro - just did day one, week one, posted about that before I came here to do intro, hope that wasn't rude. I'm 55, female, live in North East England, need to get a bit fitter - do lots of walking in lovely Northumberland and the Lakes but want a (small) challenge. Husband is keen cyclist but I find the roads too scary. I work in local government so probably not for much longer. Need some routine so this programme seems ideal. Didn't find it too bad but it's nice and flat round here luckily! Cold, damp and windy today.. Am planning on sticking with week one for a while to see how my knees hold out. Just sat down to post this and cat has welded itself to my lap.
Jenegez

Post by Jenegez »

Hi,

I am a 33 year old female. I live in the US, in Virginia. I am a stay at home mom to a 2 & 1/2 year old. I completed day 1 yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was a beautiful day here yesterday so I loaded my 2 year old and the stroller and headed to the park. I have been thinking about this program for aleast two years but never started it. I guess I had a mental block about not being able to do it. Everytime I see runners they look free and healthy and it makes me want to run too. So yesterday I started my journey. Hopefully it will be a long and fulfilling one. I feel a bit worn out today but I'm sure that is to be expected. I wish everyone luck and success with their new program.
kristin_nichole

Post by kristin_nichole »

Hello,

I recently purchased the Get Running app, and have been glancing at posts and forums for a little while now!

I'm a 23 year old female, living in the States. I am living in the southwest Rockies of Colorado.

I'm just about to go on my first run, and I must say, I'm rather nervous! I'm sure once I get started things will be fine.
I'm rather excited to start on this journey and look forward to following other peoples' progress as well as my own.

Happy Running!
josephpaterson

Post by josephpaterson »

I bought Get Running yesterday and tried it out. I'm 15 years old, 6 foot tall, and skinny as you like. But I hate exercise - especially running. I find any excuse not to do P.E! But I figured I needed to get fit, and running is probably the best way to do it. After having a look, I found Get Running had a 5 star review - something I've never seen on any app before. £1.19 is wonderfully affordable. And after the first session I felt incredible! I can't wait to keep going with the sessions and get running 5k!

Thank you so much!

Joe.
Irishchelle

Post by Irishchelle »

Hi all, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Michelle from Limerick city in Ireland. Am getting into the running cause I've just lost 4 stone & I'm hoping it'll keep me fit & help me loose some more & to tone up. Ive never ran in my life so to even run 1 minute without stopping is great for me, tomorrow I'm due to run w1d3 & I'm loving the application/program.

I'm hoping to eventually sign up to a 5k road race but I'll wait til I'm half way thru the program. My father is a road runner & has completed over 50 marathons, so im hoping that I have what ever it is that he has :D
Nicjayrob

Post by Nicjayrob »

Hi. My name is nicola, i'm 28 & i live n lincolnshire.
I originally bought this app last yr & was doing really well wt it. However, i had to stop running as he went away for four months (he's in the forces) and with two young children at home i just found it impossible to get out in the evenings
I have recently taken up a fitness class & a boxercise class, which i LOVE!!!! And thought it was about time i took up running again. I'm getting married in june of this yr, and have so far lost 2.2 stone after having my son. I only have about hlf stone to get to my target abd thought this would help boost my loss, and also help wit the toning.
so today was my firt run using the app again & i smashed it. I started on week 3 run 1 as the boxercise ect have already helped build my fitness levels. After the 2nd 3 min run i just kept running and managed 7 mins!!!!!! I dont think i've managed that bwfore so am very pleased wit myself!!!
To all other newbies out there. If u find it difficult, just keep going!! The rewards are worth it!!!
Bye
Xx
bphampto

Post by bphampto »

Hi all.

Just checking in from Denver Colorado. I am currently in week 3. I have not been able to run for 5 minutes straight for 5 years. Especially at 6000 feet of altitude. I am really happy with this program, and especially the app. (thanks benjohn).

I have already signed up for my 5k a few months from now. That creates additional motivation for finishing the program.

On the plus side, I am already down 8 pounds!

Take care.
geekydee

Post by geekydee »

Hi everyone!

Well I've had this app on my phone for a month or so and I have been scared out of my mind to use it. I've finally decided that I have to stop hiding and caring what people may think of me and I now feel that I can face posting on here and finally begin my journey!

I'm Debz, I'm 27 from the UK, I'm overweight and unfit. I'm hopefully getting married in June next year and I'm wanting to be a happier, healthier, slimmer person when it's time to put on the wedding dress. I also want to get myself sorted out because we want to start trying for a family when we are married and I don't want to be the thing that stands in the way of that happening.

I have spoken with my fella about this app (he is much fitter than me) and we came up with this crazy idea that when I have finished this program (because I will! :) ) that we could possibly take it further by training for a half marathon together and then maybe even a full marathon as a goal for the future - I'm thinking baby steps right now but anything is possible I guess?!?!?!

Well I will leave this intro here for now, I will be going for Week 1, Run 1 tonight so wish me luck!