Roll of honour 

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
Henry

Re: Roll of honour 

Post by Henry »

Name: Henry
Area: Cambridgeshire / Norfolk UK
Completed: 22 January 2011

Just completed my third 30 min run this morning, and still felt great :-)

Still not quite running the full 5K in 30 min but at the minute I'm at about 4.6K so need to speed up a little.

I would like to add my thanks to the get running app team, which managed to get a 40+ something 20+ stone man running non stop for 30 min in 9 weeks dead.

Let me add my vote for a 5K - 10K app, I know the team are working on it... but I'll only be able to re-run week 9 for so long :-)

Thanks again,

Henry
AndiNZ

Post by AndiNZ »

Name: Andrea
Area: New Zealand
Completed: Today! 2 March 2011
Comments: I have never been a runner in my life, but now, thanks to this app, I really am! Your programme was recommended on a blog I read, and I had a look, and went, "I can do that...". Turns out, I was right. :mrgreen:

I've really enjoyed Get Running, even though the toughest part for me was around week 6 and 7, I really struggled with some of those sessions. I will miss the calm encouragement of the lovely Clare, but I fully intend to Keep Running from here on. :D

Thanks to everyone involved for developing Get Running. Like so many others, I wish there was an extension programme to carry on from here, but we have a saying - 'good things take time'. Thanks again for providing such a nice, user-friendly little application.
Freched1982

Post by Freched1982 »

Hooray!!!! Finished week 9 run 3 on March 27th. At the seasoned age of 57, I began the Get Running journey to challenge myself. I have always enjoyed walking and biking outdoors. When I would pass by joggers and runners I asked myself, "Could I do that?" After a bit of research I discovered this wonderful tool to get me started. The "sweet coach in my ear" kept me on track and motivated me. I still find it hard to believe I can actually run 30 minutes straight through. The programs pacing is perfect! Thank you for helping me reach a goal I thought was unattainable. I have signed on for two 5Ks in April and plan to target one race per month. In the meanwhile, I will work on systematically increasing time and speed. Looking forward to your sequel Ben Jon. Hope to see it online soon! :)
PMJW

Post by PMJW »

Name: Phillip
Area: Swansea, South Wales.
Completed: 11th April 2011

Comments: Really enjoyed the programme and it is a great programme. I am so happy that I have completed it.
9 weeks ago I was really struggling to run for longer than 1 minute and now I am running 30 minutes non-stop. I am feeling fitter and losing some weight.

This is a great app and I am now looking to continue by using Runkeeper but would prefer you make a 10k app as I am now seriously considering training for the Swansea Bay 10k. I am also intending mprove my distance over 30mins and 5k time as well.

Well done to everyone who has completed and good luck to those still running it!!!! Keep Moving On!!!
Dee

Post by Dee »

I finished Get Running! Although I was expecting a small fanfare, applause or at least a moderate drum roll at the end of Week 9 Run 3! Great app, and it was so easy to use! It is a pity there isn't a 10 K version!

Many thanks Get Running!

Dee
Fiteresa

Post by Fiteresa »

I made it. Straight through and on target. I can hardly believe that 9 weeks ago I had such difficulty imagining getting here. I finally made it outside and off the treadmill for my final run on Saturday - ran a 5k course through the woods. I also signed up for my first race, 4 weeks away. And today I did another outdoor run. Working with Runkeeper and Podrunner to improve my pace once I have achieved a pace of 10min/mile I will start increasing the time/distance.
I really feel like a runner & I've dropped 25lbs. Feeling great thanks ! And to top it all off, my husband is starting the program tomorrow. I think he's afraid that he won't be able to catch me ;-)
Gayle

Post by Gayle »

Another graduate here :D

I completed my first proper 5k yesterday at the Race for Life event in Glasgow. I completed the 5k in 26 minutes 30 seconds so I was well chuffed with myself! Also raised £175 in the process.
pete

Post by pete »

Good morning and hello from Austria!!!

Finished this morning 05.55 a.m. the 9 weeks of GetRunning. Thks for your gr8 applications.

In the past I started a lot of times with the try to become a runner. I always failed. This year was different, I succeeded.
See the blog @ www.damopet.at/wp (unfortunately only in German so far, as I'm short of time - maybe I solve this in future ;-)

Thks once more
Pete
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

I completed the programme this morning - 20th July - and it has been the best thing I've done in a long long time. It's amazing that the programme pushes you just fa enough at each stage to stretch you, but it's always possible!
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

Name: Catherine
Area: Surrey UK
Completed: 25th June 2011 during a 5k parkrun!!!
Comments : Woohoo I finished! Probably the best running app in the world ;) This has literally changed my life. The pace of the programme was just perfect - even including the dreaded week 5 run 3! I feel elated but at the same time a little bereft. What am I going to do on Tuesday :( My immediate plan is to get faster and fitter for my Saturday morning 5k parkruns. Does anyone have an app for that?
Happy running x