Hello - My First Day

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Alex20

Re: Hello - My First Day

Post by Alex20 »

You are making good progress :) try sticking with it and you,ll be fine.
jtb0201

Post by jtb0201 »

It's good to read about other people starting out. I'm trying to lose weight, because although I lost a lot a couple of years back it's crept up, and I want to be able to run.

You made me chuckle about scurvy and walking into the door, I hope you get these problems sorted :P

I'm just looking forward to my body acclimatising To running and I stop getting the acid build ups.

Good luck! :)
visit my blog of getting fit at http://germanjohn.tumblr.com/ :)
mattym

Post by mattym »

Okay week 2 done - I saw week 3 and it has a couple of 3 minute runs, the back of my legs hurt after 1:30 during week 2 so I'm not looking forward to it. Looks like more people will be wondering what is going on in my house when they walk passed and hear deep breathing and someone chanting the bene gesserit litany against fear to themselves. Ho hum.
babez007

Post by babez007 »

I wish I didn't read your last post, lol... I am finishing week 2 today, and like you have sore legs after the 90sec... I didn't know there was a jump to a 3 min run after this... that sucks!! Let us know how it goes :)
Shanna :)
mattym

Post by mattym »

Well I got through the first 3 minute run but then as it ended and I started to walk I got the most intense headache I have ever had, like a stabbing in the back of my head then a throbbing all through it. So I think I will rest and try again tomorow, unless I find any parts of me that dont work anymore.
mattym

Post by mattym »

MADE IT! Still got a headache but nothing near as bad. One possible reason is apparently dehydration so I have drunk about 5 bottles of water throughout today.

Anyway, made the two 3 minute runs even though I KNEW I couldnt go beyond the 1:30 last week. Hurt like hell and I had to turn the treadmill speed down a bit but I got through. Dont know whether to try again tomorrow to get myself back on my original timetable, will see how I feel.
babez007

Post by babez007 »

I did my week 3 run today to. Those 3 minutes were tough, but I got through ok. I don't think you should push yourself, rest a day if your schedule is ok to go off a bit. My schedule got thrown off last week and I just followed when the app told me to run. I find that seems to work, then I know I am getting the rest days I need!
mattym

Post by mattym »

Probably should have read that first ;) I made it anyway and now I have a days rest before sunday then back on track.

Sadly Im a very goal orientated "all-or-nothing" sort of person and I just know that if I let myself slip a bit I will end up slippping a lot and probably not finishing the program.

Side note: My head still hurts during and after exercise, although not to the blinding pain levels it did on wednesday. I have been reading about "exercise headaches" and it seems its not that uncommon. Has anyone had these, are they transient things that will dissappear as I get fitter or do they stay forever if you are susceptible to them?
babez007

Post by babez007 »

Hey Matt,

Just wondering how your last run of week 3 went! I did mine and it went really good... not looking forward to week 4 though!!

When do you start week 4? I start thursday :)

Hope all is well!
mattym

Post by mattym »

I am starting week 4 tonight, considering the state of me during week 3 it is not going to be pretty to watch :)