Two users ?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Quiznite

Two users ?

Post by Quiznite »

I am really enjoying using the app and have just started week four.
Now my wife would really like to start running from week one. What is the best way fir two users to do this? Is it okay to just remember where my next training is and start from there ? And can I skip backwards and forwards in the training ?

I would also really really like the next stage of the programme 5k to 10k.

Great work team. Love it !
benjohn

Re: Two users ?

Post by benjohn »

Hi,

It's great to hear that you are getting on well, and that your wife also wants to start too!

The short answer to this is that, yes, you can do it and it will work. The down side is the run log won't work much as it's not really supported. The long answer follows…

You're actually the second person to mention wanting to share the app in the last few days! I'd discounted the idea of adding formal support for this, but perhaps I was too hasty… If this feature keeps getting requested I'll have to rethink!

At the moment, Get Running remembers the runs you've done, and it assumes that all the runs have been done by one person. It looks at the most recent run in its log, and puts the little yellow running person after this to indicate the next run you'll be doing. The future run dates are also determined by the run log.

However, you can override the run that Get Running suggests you do next (the one that the running person is standing next to). All you need to do is select a different week and press the Run button. Get Running will check with you, asking if you really want to run the different run. Confirm you do, and it'll then coach you through that run.

So it is perfectly possible to jump about. The disadvantage is that the run log will then have both your wife's runs and your own runs in it, and the little yellow runner will jump about depending on which of you used it most recently. Also, the future run dates will be … probably a bit confused, frankly!

Provided you don't care about the log being crazy, you can go right ahead and do the runs.

It is also possible to delete runs from the log. So what you could do is reset the current log to clear out your runs, and let you wife use the application to log her runs. When _you_ go for a run, select your next run as described above. After your run, go in to the log and delete the run you've just added. This will mean that just your wife's runs are in the log, and Get Running will continue to function completely normally as far as she is concerned.

I hope that's clear – it's very long winded, sorry! Let me know if you've got any more questions, and all the best to you both :-)

Happy Running,
Benjohn
Nicjayrob

Post by Nicjayrob »

My partner, who plaus football & was injured, also wants tostart using my get running. Its a shame that as of yet, it isn't fully capable of having 2 or more runners! Hopefull we will see an update for that soon *hopeful smile*
Roldahayes

Post by Roldahayes »

Hi,

Another request for a 2 users update please!!
brunsjk

Post by brunsjk »

my hubby says he wants to run the 5k with me. I am going to be selfish and not let him use the app that i downloaded, it is so motivating to see it all mapped out. Is it possible to download a second get running app (it is definitely worth the cost) so that he can have one separately?
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Sorry, but that's not possible because the iPhone's operating system doesn't work like that :-( I'm really glad your husband would like to go use the application to go through the program though!

I think this is becoming a more requested feature than GPS now :-}
FKP

Post by FKP »

I have just downloaded the app and it looks great. I purchased it because my wife and I want to start running regularly. Unfortunately I have noticed that only one person can use it properly. Please add the possibility to create 2 or more users. I know that at least a few couples would be interested in this feature.