While running I listen to...

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Adrule

While running I listen to...

Post by Adrule »

During my last run I had the idea to start this thread. I've found that shorter songs (whether mid-tempo or fast) are best for me. I've slogged through the 17 minutes of Pink Floyd's "Dogs" and it wore me out. Love the song but just not while running. I'm curious what others are doing. Here's my incomplete list:
R.E.M.
The Beatles
Badly Drawn Boy
Grateful Dead - the short, acoustic stuff
The Police
Split Lip Rayfield
Public Enemy
The Rolling Stones
Galactic
New Orleans Klezmer All-Stars
KeepTrying

Re: While running I listen to...

Post by KeepTrying »

Great idea to compile a list? Any particular tracks? I love 'Animals' too but prob not to run to! I tend to prefer quick tempo stuff.
Genesis (Abacab, Genesis album)
Johnny Clegg & Savuka
Craig David
The Saturdays
Rick Wakeman
Police
Kelly Sharp

Post by Kelly Sharp »

Fighter by Christina Agualera- that spelling looks really dodgy but I'm sure you know who I mean! LOL!
Latestarter

Post by Latestarter »

I kill two birds with one stone: I have a 'running' playlist of upbeat tracks but all in Spanish so that I can practice my vocabulary as I run. I include tracks from Manu Chao, Rodrigo and Gabriela, Juanes, Jose luis Encinas and some zumba tracks. Keeps me going.
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Excellent - listened to Rodrigo y Gabriella this morning. Can't say it did anything for my Spanish - but they helped me through my first 25min unbroken run (w6r3) :-)
hansbockler

Post by hansbockler »

Great idea!

Let me just say - - The Foo Fighters are the best band to run to! I have wore out all their albums during this program (soon to start week 7).

I also listen to a variety of Incubus, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Breaking Benjamin, Deftones, etc
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Tina Dico 'Welcome Back Colour' kept me going through w7r1 (25mins) today. Thanks Tina!