Eeekkk week 5 run 3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
KeepTrying

Re: Eeekkk week 5 run 3

Post by KeepTrying »

Hi Fuzzy. I was worried and excited about w5r3. But it was fine. I actually sprinted the final 1 min as I wanted to get to the end of a particular road by the end. It was a great moment when Coach Claire said 'you really are a runner now'! :D just keep your pace comfortable. Enjoy it. I am so pleased to have got here (w6r2 tomorrow). This ap is great. And this community is great too. Enjoy. Keep posting!
Gemgem368

Post by Gemgem368 »

Hey guys!! I did it and like Petra said, piece of cake I was so proud!!! I'm about to start week 9 on Thursday and I'm well chuffed abt it!! I'm only just under making 5 k in the 28 mins as well So with A bit if prActice I'll be there!! Again I started at nothing I nearly keeled over after week 1 run 1 and now I'm doin 28 min runs!! I'm not saying it's easy but I'm doin it lol!!! Well done everyone!! I love to hear how others are going to so keep me updated!!! Well done everyone!!
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Nice one Gemgem368. Great to hear you are up to 30min runs. How awesome is that! Just about to do my fist 28min run (w8r1) tomorrow. Excited - but sad that I'll have to say goodbye to this awesome app in a couple of weeks!
Murph

Post by Murph »

This is such s big challenge for us all! I am about to do my last run for week 7. I honestly can't believe that I am about to start week 8. If someone had said to me at the start of the year that by this point I would be running for 25 minutes to would have told them they were joking. I am at the point now though where I realize that it is a mental challenge for me. I read on another thread about someone who kept repeating 'strong body, strong mind' and that is what I have to do too. I am overweight so I hope that in time it does become easier. I am quite full on with making sure that I stretch properly afterwards which makes running much better but it is still hard. I have come to the realization now that I will find it hard for a while at least and that's OK. I feel so good afterwards and that's important too. I've also started interval training too to supplement and hopefully speed up my running time.

Congratulations to everyone who is taking on this challenge. When I did the week 5 day 3 run I got a little bit teary when I finished. I haven't run for that long in 20 years so it was quite the achievement.

Good luck to you all.
Latestarter

Post by Latestarter »

Murph is right, this is a big challenge for us all. When my students complain that the work I set is hard I remind them of JFK's speech about man going to the moon not because it is easy but because it is hard, and remind them that the things we are most proud of are the things we've struggled to master. Pity it took me so long to adopt that attitude to my running! But week 8 run 2completed this morning and totally worth the sweat and tears.
Gemgem368

Post by Gemgem368 »

I'm gonna carry on using it until I'm up to speed just keep repeating week nine I'm not sure I wud have the motivation without it I know that sounds silly every ten minutes I need to hear that lady talk it keeps me going lol!! I keep on goin cos I know soon she will be speaking again lol!!