Just finished

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Latestarter

Just finished

Post by Latestarter »

Well, I made it! Week 9 run 3 completed and although I still only cover 2.5 miles in the half hour I reckon that's not bad for someone who had never EVER run more than 100 metres in my life. I never missed a run and never stopped for a pause; I now intend to repeat week 9 runs until I can do 5k in the half hour. And although I never finished a run thinking I could run on for a while I am really pleased that I kept going even when family events conspired against me. So good luck to everyone still on the program and believe that everyone can manage this if they want to.
Queeny

Re: Just finished

Post by Queeny »

Congratulations and well done! It's great to hear when people complete the plan! I'm
Only on week 2 day 3 tomorrow, but the time is flying by and I'm really enjoying it.

Your story, will keep me going and I'm sure others too. Well done again !
Latestarter

Post by Latestarter »

Thanks Queenie and good luck as you make your way through the program. And re one of your other posts, my husband and I were married 10 years before we managed to have our first child, followed by complete surprise babies 19 months and 6 years later. The first arrived only after we had given up, booked a holiday abroad and I applied for a new job. Amazing what removing stress will do, and running certainly does that so keep going and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Well done LateStarter. I've enjoyed your posts on here and found them a great support - as I have been a couple of days behind you right through. :-) Have just done my w9r3 final run tonight. Are you planning on further steps? Working up to 10K?
Latestarter

Post by Latestarter »

Hi Keep Running, thanks for the good wishes and right back at you. It has been fun following someone at the same stage, although you have clearly found your niche whereas for me running will continue to be a real challenge tho' one I am really glad to have taken on. As for the future, I am going to try to improve my 5k times before moving on, although our local Two Castles run of 10k now looks like a distant goal rather than a pipe dream. All the best. H
Latestarter

Post by Latestarter »

P.s.I thought you merited the name Keep Running after all that Trying!