A New Me

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
KeepTrying

Re: A New Me

Post by KeepTrying »

Happy delayed birthday!Great way to celebrate - runnign in the rain! LOL :mrgreen: Don't worry about the first 3min needing to be walked. It happens - often if folks set off a bit to quick on the run. Slooow right down. You're doing great!
Dunna

Post by Dunna »

Happy birthday Catherine! Hope you had a good one. Mike is so right about slowing down. You can do this. You finished your second 3 min run!! I found week three really hard going but then I loved week 4. Admittedly today was harder than Monday and Wednesday but I still made it. But slowly!!
Believe in yourself missy and you'll surprise yourself.
Well done for getting out there in the first place - on your birthday and in the rain. Lots of ladies would have put their feet up and stayed put. It is so easy to give up when things get hard so remember to reward yourself for continuing to get out there. We will still be comparing notes in December and we will be looking forward to our first events!! Chin up girl - you're doing great.
Catherine_M

Post by Catherine_M »

Hi everyone,

Haven’t updated for a few days as work is getting really busy (I work 12hour shifts for the London Ambulance Control Room) I haven't given up on running but found running after a 12hour busy shift was too much for my body and making me feel constantly shattered and irritable so have decided to only run on my days off.... after all this is supposed to be fun right?

I realise my progress is going to be much slower but I don't care I'll get there eventually. As I do long shifts I always get 3 or 4 days off in-between shifts so depending how I feel will probably be able to get my 3 runs a week in then will have the rest of the week to let my body rest.

I'm still kinda following the programme so hopefully you guys will still see me as part of the gang :D
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Sure - you are in the gang. There's no escape! :twisted: Sounds like you have a good plan there. 12h shifts sure make it hard to run. Especially when the days are so short now. Keep on with the programme. It is adaptable to fit with you. I'm sure you'll get there fine. Keep posting. (And I'll try not to send you too much work - I'm a GP - though we use EoE Amb Service in my patch!)