week 5 run 3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
starknut

week 5 run 3

Post by starknut »

I've got the big 20 minute run today. Though I've been looking forward to it, I'm also very scared! Will head out in the next hour and let you all know how it goes.

Wish me luck! :)
starknut

Re: week 5 run 3

Post by starknut »

I DID IT! I felt like I slowed down the second half, but I guess it was all in my head: Nike+ GPS says I kept the same pace throughout. I actually got goosebumps at the end when Coach Claire told me to walk. That was easier than I thought! Never thought I'd say that!
Beckly

Post by Beckly »

Congratulations!!

Having just finished week1, the thought of running 20 solid minutes still fills me with dread! I just hope I can be as positive as you whn I get that far into the program :-)
BMI: 26.8

16lbs to lose until target weight.
jenseeya

Post by jenseeya »

Congratulations. I've just finished week 4 and now I know what lies ahead for me in one week. Oh well, I didn't think I could do 5 minutes without stopping and I did.
Deanainsc

Post by Deanainsc »

starknut wrote:I DID IT! I felt like I slowed down the second half, but I guess it was all in my head: Nike+ GPS says I kept the same pace throughout. I actually got goosebumps at the end when Coach Claire told me to walk. That was easier than I thought! Never thought I'd say that!

Congrats. I have my first 20 minute run today and I'm feeling a little apprehensive. Your post gives me inspiration. Now if it would just stop raining so I can get it in today.
starknut

Post by starknut »

Seriously, if I can do it, you all can, too. I'm the world's slowest freaking runner, slogging about with a jogging stroller, pushing along an extra 40 pounds.