First run tomorrow!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
dbstr

Re: First run tomorrow!

Post by dbstr »

I am using an armband for my phone, and it works great.

You can buy them very cheap online :)
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

I wear an arm band too, it makes you look like a pro hehe. I also wear the headphone wire situated to the back as I find in the runs I would accidently pull them out. Furthermore, I have to wear a head band to actually hold the ear phones in!

I got the armband off eBay for peanuts.

As for running in front of people, I was the same as you, now I dribble, sweat and plod in front of everyone, it is funny, you become so involved on achieving the program that you forget to care about others. More importantly, you need to find a set time that you do the session in and it will become a routine. Then before you know it you will be a jogger!
starknut

Post by starknut »

ausgirlscouchto5ks wrote:More importantly, you need to find a set time that you do the session in and it will become a routine. Then before you know it you will be a jogger!
No kidding. On the days my husband wants to come running with me, it throws my whole day off because I am so used to getting up, getting breakfast in my kid, and then immediately going out for my run. We (me and Mini Stark) are normally out the door by 8:30 am. We are back and bathed and ready for our day by 10. With Mr Stark along, he might not wake up until 10. This kind of schedule is not going to work once it starts getting warm again, because we will die of heat stroke in the Florida sun. But I don't have the heart to tell him he can't come with me. :?
Janecampbell

Post by Janecampbell »

Oh thanks for that idea. Will look for an armband today. Hopefully in time I won't care what I look like when I run passed people huffing and puffing. Legs not as sore this morning and I'm looking forward to my next run already!