Starting Week 2 tomorrow

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
mcaruth

Starting Week 2 tomorrow

Post by mcaruth »

Week 2 starts tomorrow. I barely made it through Week 1 so hope I can take the extra 30 seconds on each run! We will see!
JoelGwood

Re: Starting Week 2 tomorrow

Post by JoelGwood »

I'm doing week 2 run 3 tomorrow, and I had the exact same nervousness when I started on Monday. I found it so much easier than last week, because my legs had more time to get into a good rhythm. I'm sure it will be the same for you, too! Don't worry about it, instead, be excited and grasp it with full confidence! You can definitely do it!
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

I did week two, day one today and I also wondered how the extra 30 seconds would be, but I really didn't notice it, I think the voice coach is a massive help and she came and said you have 45 seconds of running time left, this was a big factor had she have said you have one minute left I think it would have been much harder! Good luck
Rach1623

Post by Rach1623 »

I have just got in from week 2 run 1 . I didn't manage run 5 but walked briskly (it probably didn't help that it was uphill ) I so want to be able to run without stopping by the end of this programme . Good luck
And let us know how you get on .
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

Well done, I have found a path that is about 1/2 mile long so I use that and double back, it is reasonably flat with a couple of small inclines. I hope that once I start the 20 minute runs ( i think it is week 7) I will be able to go out further and enjoy more of the surroundings but for now it is all about getting through the voice prompts! Keep me posted on your progress. I have a girls dinner on 4th March and I really want to wear my little black dress that has not seen daylight for 2 years, if I stick to the plan I should be on week 8 by then and hopefully the pounds will be melting away, fingers crossed!
ausgirlscouchto5ks

Post by ausgirlscouchto5ks »

zoejo wrote:Well done, I have found a path that is about 1/2 mile long so I use that and double back, it is reasonably flat with a couple of small inclines. I hope that once I start the 20 minute runs ( i think it is week 7) I will be able to go out further and enjoy more of the surroundings but for now it is all about getting through the voice prompts! Keep me posted on your progress. I have a girls dinner on 4th March and I really want to wear my little black dress that has not seen daylight for 2 years, if I stick to the plan I should be on week 8 by then and hopefully the pounds will be melting away, fingers crossed!
Woo hooo, I was just reading my old blog posts about that week's runs. It is amazing how far you go in such a short time. In one month I was able to get up a pair of skinny leg capris that I couldn't get past my thighs when I started! The scales haven't really budged, but the fat is melting away and my body is becoming muuuuch more toned!!
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

That is really great I hope to be able to post a similar report on my little black dress in 7 weeks time! Thanks for your kind words of support. This forum is great as it means I don't need to keep on to my friends and family about it, as I'm sure they are already bored of hearing me say how delighted I was to complete week one!
DalBoy

Post by DalBoy »

I've just finished week 2 run 1...

Nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be and I agree that having 45 seconds left is better than a minute!!

So determined to finish this up to week 9 - I can't wait until I can go out for a half hour run without the walking.

Roll on Wednesday night....
20 a day to running 5k. Week 2 - Run 3
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

Great to hear that you just completed week 2 run 1, I've got week 2 run 2 tomorrow. I run first thing in the morning as I find I feel sluggish after work but maybe that will change as I get fitter. Just got in from Pilates, only started that last week as I thought it would be good to do some work on my core and muscle tone to combine with running. Today is the first day where I have felt tired, it could be because I didn't do the two rest days, so I will defo have the two rest days this week.
Stephlperry76

Post by Stephlperry76 »

I just finished week 1! I have the same trepidation about starting week 2. I'm in my 2 day rest and start up on Wednesday. It gives me hope to hear that you have felt the same thing I am feeling! ;)