Starting Week 2 tomorrow

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Shuffler

Re: Starting Week 2 tomorrow

Post by Shuffler »

I too am going for Week 2 Run 1 tomorrow. It's taken me nearly three weeks to complete Week 1. Initially I couldn't complete one whole minute of running, but I've been out eight times in all, and have completed all eight full one minute runs for the last three outings. I feel very proud of myself and look forward to tackling the next challenge. It will probably take me another three weeks to complete Week 2, but I don't care. I've got 57 slothful years to get over! Good luck to all Week 2 starters.
Rach1623

Post by Rach1623 »

I'm just about to go on the treadmill for run 2 week 2 . Is anyone else struggling with weight loss ? I go to slimming world and since starting this running programme i haven't lost an ounce !! This is despite sticking rigidly to the diet plan ......:( help
DalBoy

Post by DalBoy »

Fom what I've been reading online, muscle weighs more than fat - so in the first few weeks, as your body is getting stronger and toning up - you may actually put weight on rather than loose it.

I'm so pleased that you stuck with it and managed to get past week one. It really doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you can get there in the end!
20 a day to running 5k. Week 2 - Run 3
Stephlperry76

Post by Stephlperry76 »

I've lost 27 pounds from my own workouts aside from this. Eat lots of protein. It builds your muscles which in turn burn all your calories! Keep fat down.

I start week 2 tomorrow. EEK! So nervous!!!

Stephanie
http://runafull5k.blogspot.com/
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

Week 2 run 2 I found this the hardest one yet, not sure why, maybe my body is catching up with all this dieting and fitness training, I did complete it but I did find it much harder than week 2 day 1, the only thing that kept me going was knowing I had already done this run two days earlier and managed it perfectly fine. I have week 2 run 3 tomorrow so hopefully that will be ok, still thinking I can't imagine running for thirty minutes when I struggled with 1 1/2 mins!!!! Oh well, we'll see, there seems to be plenty of people on here that have done just that.
starknut

Post by starknut »

Sometimes you really struggle with a run, and then the next one is amazing. And sometimes a run is just flat-out no good. It happens to everyone eventually!

No one thinks they'll ever be ready for that 30 minute run, especially during the early weeks. But when the time comes, you'll be prepared. Trust the program, and more importantly, trust your body! You'll be amazed at what you can accomplish.
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

Yes, you were right. I did week 2 run 3 today and it was much easier than run 2. Start week 3 on Monday!!!