Week 3 run 1

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Rach1623

Week 3 run 1

Post by Rach1623 »

Hi all , just completed this on the treadmill . Is it right that I didn't run as far as the previous runs ? My week 2 runs including warm up and cool down were averaging about 3k but tonight's was just 2.4 k and that was with brisk walking .
Jysmystry

Re: Week 3 run 1

Post by Jysmystry »

I would say do not worry about speed or distance, just run at the slowest possible speed that is still running and just complete the time, that is more important than anything else and the rest will come later.
You can run but you'll just die tired
zoejo

Post by zoejo »

I just did this one today and I actually found it much easier than week 2. The only thing I did get today that I hadn't got before was pain in my shins. I think I need new shoes!
Rach1623

Post by Rach1623 »

I must admit to finding it easier than week 2 as well, although I did sweat more!!
Will stick with what it says and concentrate on the run rather than the distance etc.
Thanks
Jysmystry

Post by Jysmystry »

I just finished week 7 which is solid 25 minute runs and i found that easier than all of weeks 1 to 4 haha

If you break thise first few weeks you have honestly done the hardest part. In a few weeks you will look back and realise quite how much of this is mental ratherthan physical. Keep at it and you will be amazed what you can do :)
Paul75

Post by Paul75 »

Hi. I ran further in week 2 than week 3 also. Tomorrow is my last week 3 run. I found it a little diss appointing to be covering less distance but I'm sure week 4 will change that. I'll let you know how my first week 4 goes. Good luck. :D
Stephlperry76

Post by Stephlperry76 »

I finished W3R1 yesterday! I also didn't run as far, but I am so happy I did it! I still get amazed at what I am able to do each week! :mrgreen:
Jysmystry

Post by Jysmystry »

Well done, each run in the week gets easier too so soon you will even more amazed at your progress
Rach1623

Post by Rach1623 »

Thanks all . Love the motivational help on this forum . I've just done run 3 week 3 and had a sneak peek at next week ...... Whoa
Trunner

Post by Trunner »

Yes I've just finished wk3 run3.Hooray! Am stunned I can run 3 minutes from barely managing the 1 mins 2 weeks ago. My progress, and everyone else's has given me great faith in the app. Really looking forward to week4. For the first time I can sort of almost imagine being able to run for 30 minutes.