Back on course...

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Andyt21

Back on course...

Post by Andyt21 »

I was doing great until the weekend before Christmas then my back went. Running wasn't the cause as I was on a rest day, it was in fact a too soft bed whilst visiting relatives. So for the next week and over Christmas I was restricted to using chair backs to get round graduating first to short then longer walks.

Started the first run back at wk1 run 1 on Jan 4th and built up again from there with one run from each week up to wk 4 then followed the full programme for week 5 and have just completed wk 6 run 1 which puts me exactly where I was before the injury.

The back is feeling pretty good but legs feeling very heavy particularly calf muscles but feeling good that I'm back on track. So anyone in a similar position with injury, build back slowly but do make a start it is really easy to put off and put off again.
Cheers
Andy
Stephlperry76

Re: Back on course...

Post by Stephlperry76 »

Awesome that you got back at it! Congratulations!
caffrin

Re: Back on course...

Post by caffrin »

I totally agree. Start again slowly. My back went in the summer, and like you not because of the running. I was out for almost 4 months but would have got back to running sooner had I not kept trying to "run through the pain". I only made it worse. However I started running again in November and plan to do a 10k in march. It may take me 2 hours bit I will finish it :roll: