I ran for 3 minutes!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Shuffler

I ran for 3 minutes!

Post by Shuffler »

Did Run1 of Week 3 today. Having taken six attempts to complete a full Week 1 run, plus anther six to achieve a full Week 2 run, this was my first attempt at Week 3. I did it all as per instructions! I'm amazed. And very proud of myself.

I started this lark just after Christmas, after 57 years of sloth, and struggled to run for a minute the first time, so 3 minutes seems amazing. And I did it twice! Who knows, I might yet get to 5k!!
Stephlperry76

Re: I ran for 3 minutes!

Post by Stephlperry76 »

Bravo! The 3 minute run was the hardest leap for me! You'll have some more "proud of myself" moments coming soon. Brace yourself! :)
JoelGwood

Post by JoelGwood »

I agree with Steph big time! Once you can jump from 1.5 minutes to 3 minutes, you've got the toughest part of the program under your belt! Keep up the amazing runs!
Shuffler

Post by Shuffler »

Thanks for your support and encouragement guys. This app and this Forum are really making this whole experience so motivating.
dead eye dave

Post by dead eye dave »

Well done mate, feels good doesnt it; Im at the same point, just completed my W3R1 tonight and after really struggling through the first two weeks seemed to sail through this run...think my body has finally caught up a bit after 42 years of professional laziness and nasty allergy to sport...so much so that tonight instead of warming down for 5 mins i walked for 1 min and then ran for the final four then did a warm down...keep it up mate, i think it just takes a while for the body to get slightly fitter and get rid of the years of neglect...we'll get there!!!
Shuffler

Post by Shuffler »

I did it again today! Well done on your final four minute run. I certainly couldn't manage that, but I'm clearly improving. Keep up the good work.
dead eye dave

Post by dead eye dave »

So how is week 4 going for you then?
I am just about to start it tomorrow, and kind of dreading the 5 minute runs....and trying to not think about week 5....ugh....still, am sure we'll get through it....painfully......
Shuffler

Post by Shuffler »

I'm still repeating Week 3. I've managed it three times, all according to instructions, amazingly, but I want to run Week 3 runs a few more times until I feel ready to move on. Week 4 looks scary!