W4r2 today

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Mandy123

W4r2 today

Post by Mandy123 »

Finished the run and went on to go mow!! Still not tired!!
Loobyla

Re: W4r2 today

Post by Loobyla »

Hi Mandy
I just skipped to week 4 as my stamina has increased so rapidly that I needed more of a challenge than week 3 offered! So energised with this program and great to hear you are too! Really happy with my progress and I find myself starting to run when the 30second warning is given as the rest times are too long for me.
Yay!
Loobyla
Jealoussiren

Post by Jealoussiren »

It's fantastic that you are both progressing so well! But a tiny word of caution; unless you were very active before this, I would follow the running program pretty close to as written. Stress fractures and muscle tears happen because you stress things too fast, and you can't see them. You are progressing not to feel the 'challenge', but to increase your aerobic, muscular, and skeletal endurance. Running injuries are insidious, they start and progress before there are really symptoms. Better to feel slightly twitchy now than to wish you could run while your injury heals.
Mandy123

Post by Mandy123 »

It's ok I'm still in school and pe just need help with running better
Loobyla

Post by Loobyla »

Thanks for the cautionary note - I was actually pretty aerobically fit before starting the program just not from running! I am going to stick to the program from now on :)