Running shoes

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
kitten70

Running shoes

Post by kitten70 »

Just started this week any advice on buying good shoes. Are Nike the best? Some thoughts would be appreciated. I live in Sydney Australia and have always admired people out running and even stopped and stared ha ha. I have 4 kids and I am 42 yrs and I am planning to do a fun run across the Barbour bridge in sept only 4kms but great to have a goal. Love your app
kitten70

Re: Running shoes

Post by kitten70 »

That should have been harbour bridge
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

Hey! Everyone's feet and running style are different. Go to a proper running shop. They will check your gait and recommend the best shoe for you. There are so many out there no shoe is "best". It is very important to get the right shoe for you to reduce the chance of injuries. I did this app last year at 42 as well. So good for you! keep it going and enjoy it!
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Im 41 and just starting back after a 10year break. My route was to buy the cheapest comfortable nikes I could find. I figure that when I complete this I'll be a runner and can justify paying more for proper fitted shoes.