Thank you, thank you, thank you

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Roncole50

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Post by Roncole50 »

Just finished run 3 of week 9 and feeling very pleased. When I started this I was 61 years old, overweight and had no significant exercise for not far short of 10 years. I'm still 61 but 30lbs lighter, blood pressure back to normal and resting heart rate down to 50. Tough going at times but worth persevering. Next target is 3 times round the park instead of just 2 and a half and then 3 times round in 30 minutes. Brilliant app and fantastic encouragement from the forum, again, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Eagle5

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you

Post by Eagle5 »

Wow. I'm 27 and on Week 4. This is a massive inspiration. Well done!
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

Awesome and congrats. I love reading post like this as it gives me encouragement. I am 35 and just finished week 5 run 2 earlier today. You surely give me hope that i too can do this!
trillian

Post by trillian »

Many congrats on your graduation, lost weight and lowered BP, its so encouraging to read about. I have just finished week 8, run 2 so the end of the programme is in sight, although I'll look on it as the start of the next phase, and take a leaf out of your book and start setting my targets for when (its no longer a case of if) I finish week 9. Very well done!!
dani

Post by dani »

Wow! Congratulations, and thanks for the inspiration!