Week 7 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Linda231

Week 7 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

It's Sunday night,thinking about w7r1 which starts tomorrow for me. Hope everyone has had a great weekend.
It's so darn hot here right now, but it will be so nice to run here when it's winter. Gonna try to go really early in the morning, will hollar back after the run. Can't wait to hear about your week 7 runs. Are we not doing awesome or what? :lol: I am so grateful for all you guys. It has meant so much to me, I really don't think I could have made it this far without all your support. What an amazing group, I'm so glad to be apart of this.

From across the Pond,
Linda :P
Cardiochick

Re: Week 7 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Cardiochick »

Hi Linda. I wish you well on your run tomorrow. I will be doing my wk 7 Run 1 tomorrow also! Looking forward to hearing about your run.
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Another day of Jubilee fun here today and it's still raining !

My first W7 run was dreadful yesterday: the rain got heavier as I ran, my glasses were useless given how wet it was, I had not put the support on my knees and I forgot my water. Normally I run at my work location but as I am home for the long weekend I chose to run across the local common then along the route of an old railway line. A herd of cattle had churned the place up and it was very uneven and slippery underfoot. The twenty five minutes seemed to last forever and I was very dispirited when I got in. Back to my normal run tomorrow which I am hoping will help!

I hope things are better for you all.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Cardiochick wrote:Hi Linda. I wish you well on your run tomorrow. I will be doing my wk 7 Run 1 tomorrow also! Looking forward to hearing about your run.
Thanks Cardiochick, where have you been? Your already at week 7, that's great! I hope your run goes great also. Could you tell us a little about your running journey and about you running goals? What made you want to run?
Hope your run was AWESOME!!!!! :D
Linda
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Mr Nibbler wrote:Another day of Jubilee fun here today and it's still raining !

My first W7 run was dreadful yesterday: the rain got heavier as I ran, my glasses were useless given how wet it was, I had not put the support on my knees and I forgot my water. Normally I run at my work location but as I am home for the long weekend I chose to run across the local common then along the route of an old railway line. A herd of cattle had churned the place up and it was very uneven and slippery underfoot. The twenty five minutes seemed to last forever and I was very dispirited when I got in. Back to my normal run tomorrow which I am hoping will help!

I hope things are better for you all.

Good Morning Robin, I'm sorry :cry: you had a dreadful run yesterday. You persevered through the hardest run, and that my friend is WONDERFUL!!!! Not sure I could have done that. Your next run should feel like a breeze :lol:
I did my run this morning, got started later than I had hoped, out of bed by 7:30 and out the door running at 8:00. I really wanna start running at 7:00 or 7:30 because it was already hot at 8:00. Besides that it's Monday (trash day) trash cans at the side of the road and the trash trucks did not give me the freshest of air to breath. So an earlier start will help me miss those stinky trucks. I think I am liking running the first thing before coffee or breakfast, I think I read somewhere it helps to loose weight faster or it burns fat more. May need to research this. I'm sure though if you were to run for long periods you would need a light breakfast or some nourishment. I would like to know what you think about that. On my run this morning I came upon a nice couple, that offered encouraging words, I have seen them several times since starting this program. That felt really great! They said " Your looking really good"! I laughed and said " I run like a snail" They said "That's ok, at least your moving" You know that's so true. It's not the speed I'm going for right now, I'm just trying to get through it. Later we can always work on speed if that's important to us. Be very proud of yourselves friends, you've came a long way so far. If you would have told me 8 weeks ago that I could run 25 min without stopping, I would say you were crazy :D Or is it daft across the pond ? I hope we can still be apart of each others support team even when we finish. I'm on facebook and twitter if anyone of our group wants to friend me on there. I'm not very active on there though. Just let me know. But it would be a way we could still be some encouragement to each other and also I would like to know what everyone is doing after. We could also make a topic on here in the graduates forum. You guys are great, hope your week 7 is easy breezy. :D Can't wait to hear about your run. O one more thing I forgot to say, I've only lost like 5 pounds, but I've noticed I look better in my clothes already, what about you guys? guess I'm gaining some muscles. :lol:
From across the Pond,
Linda :D
Cardiochick

Post by Cardiochick »

It was great to hear back from you, LInda.
If I had known what a great support system there is on this site, I would have joined on day one! Better late than never. I'm glad to have found you all now.
I almost didn't run today. I kept making excuses. Guess why I finally ran? Because I didn't want to start off telling my new support system friends, "I didn't do my run". See? It's already doing me good!
My story- 6 years ago I was a smoker and very overweight. I lost over 100lbs thru diet only, and quit smoking. My daughter then introduced me to the gym and a treadmill. I didn't like the treadmill, but I did find I liked to do indoor cycle classes, kickboxing, step class, all the cardio classes at the gym, so that's what I do.
9 weeks ago I planned a trip to visit my daughter. She suggested we do our 1st 5k together while I'm there. Well, I'm always up for a challenge so I said "yes". Our 5k is June 16th :roll:
Then she suggested this running program.
It's been a challenge, to say the least, but I have stuck with it. I had a bad upper respiratory infection that set me back 2 weeks, but I'm back now and strong as ever.
So many times during this program I'd say to myself 'I'm not a runner. Why am I doing this?" Then I heard that lady on our program call me a runner after my 20 min run. I was so proud!!
So that's my story. Thank you for welcoming me into your group.
I am happy to be a part of our Running team!!!
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

Hi Everyone! So sorry I have been MIA for a few days. I completed my last run of week 6 yesterday.... a whopping 25 minutes! I was supposed to run on Saturday so now i am further behind everyone else. However, it seems we are running 25 minutes all week so it is kind of like being all on the same run at the same time! How is everyone else feeling about a week of long running non stop? For me, I feel like I have done it twice, once at 20 and once at 25 so I'm not scared of it anymore. I am in awe that I can do it... still slow as a snail for most of all of the 25 minutes. I have been using an app called run meter and I did notice that my pace is picking up a little. It is tiny little bit, but a tiny little bit is better than no bit! right?

I hope everyone is having a fantastic start to there week! Keep running my new friends!
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

You guys are awesome! Your all doing so well, I'm still a little poorly but I'm going to plod my way around wk6 r2 tomorrow, them we'll be on a similar place by the end of the week.
I'm glad weightloss was mentioned, I too have lost only about 6 -7 pounds, but I'm noticeably slimmer, I though maybe it was just me!
A big thanks to you guys, with the enforced layoff, I'd probably be losing interest by bow, but thanks to my new running buddies, I'm itching to get back on track.
I'm getting a little bit sad too as we get toasted the end of the program, the graduate forum has less life than the average cemetery and I really feel that we've bonded through our pains and triumphs on here, so let's try to stick together!
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Well done ladies and good luck for tomorrow Simon. As for staying together facebook would work for me - I'll PM you my full name Simon and I should be easy to find. Anyone else just ask.

Edited because I forgot to add that I am sitting with ice packs on my legs after completing W7R2 in a much more acceptible manner than W7R1 which was, as the youth of the UK today say, pants (shorts to you across the pond)!
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Simongeorge wrote:You guys are awesome! Your all doing so well, I'm still a little poorly but I'm going to plod my way around wk6 r2 tomorrow, them we'll be on a similar place by the end of the week.
I'm glad weightloss was mentioned, I too have lost only about 6 -7 pounds, but I'm noticeably slimmer, I though maybe it was just me!
A big thanks to you guys, with the enforced layoff, I'd probably be losing interest by bow, but thanks to my new running buddies, I'm itching to get back on track.
I'm getting a little bit sad too as we get toasted the end of the program, the graduate forum has less life than the average cemetery and I really feel that we've bonded through our pains and triumphs on here, so let's try to stick together!
Agreed Simon,
Good to hear you are on the mends. Glad your itching to get back on track, you've missed us no doubt. :lol:
Run 2 tomorrow for me, wish me luck. Will report in after the run.
Linda