Week 8 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Mr Nibbler

Re: Week 8 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Simon. That is a real pain in the proverbial. You've been suffering for a while now and tonsilitis is a bad outcome but explains why it has lasted for so long. Stick with us though - you're part of our running group. (And the only bloke and brit).

For our American ladies - I saw my daughter off from Heathrow this afternoon to NY where she is overnighting before heading off to Connecticut to spend her second year as a camp counsellor at a GGOA summer camp until August. She is so looking forward to it, seeing her American colleagues and the wee girls who do the whole camp thing again. We do not have an equivalent camp thing here and it is much better for her to do this in her university down time than swanning off to the Med with her pals and getting off her face in some cheap resort (what students here generaly do if they are not thinking of their CV/Resume).
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

I'm still here to give you all moral support, hopefully I can be back soon, although I'm going to make sure I'm fully recovered before coming back. I hope your all going to still be here to support me when I venturing finish .
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

I will be.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

I'll be here ;)
Linda
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

It's so sad when you see no one responding all day long to a new runners post. :( I remember how much a kind word helped me in so many ways.
Linda
Cardiochick

Post by Cardiochick »

Jeeze, looks like our group is falling apart!! I hope you both feel better soon. Please get back to running when cleared by your doctors. You have both done so well.
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

You American ladies are obviously made of stronger stuff than us Brit boys. I'm sure Robin will be back soon. I'm so gutted- I'm never ill, this is my 2nd docs appointment in about 10 years. I thought running was meant to make you healthier ! My first question fir the doc is going to be, how long until I can run again. I shall report back when I have news. Good luck with week 8 everybody, your nearly there!
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Week8 Run1 complete! :lol: I beat the trash trucks, so the air quality was not to bad. I made sure to stretch really good this morning also my bones and joints are sore and achy, I think due to the rain and maybe arthritis. Ok, so I used the endomondo for the first time. My speed is terrible 1.74 miles in the 28 min I ran. I'm disappointed in my shuffling. If the goal is to do a 5k in 30 min, I'm in big trouble. lol. I am going as fast as I can without dying . :roll: Any suggestions?
Linda
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Simongeorge wrote:You American ladies are obviously made of stronger stuff than us Brit boys. I'm sure Robin will be back soon. I'm so gutted- I'm never ill, this is my 2nd docs appointment in about 10 years. I thought running was meant to make you healthier ! My first question fir the doc is going to be, how long until I can run again. I shall report back when I have news. Good luck with week 8 everybody, your nearly there!

:lol: I don't know about that Simon but you will be back on your feet in no time. Simon when I'm sick I am useless, to the bed I go and stay. This rain is probably the blame for a lot of our throat illnesses right now. Especially if you have been running in the cold rain. Think positive. :P this cant last much longer.
Linda
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad your still going strong and liking endomondo. I'm on penicillin for a week now, so I'll rest up and I'll try out week 6 again next Monday, it's the last week with intervals so it shouldn't be too difficult to get back into.